The Voice of God ...

Old June 8th 04, 07:42 PM

Default The Voice of God ...

.... is difficult to achieve when you've got no voice at all. i think i
just got flipped the dewclaw. hrmph.

--
shelly (perfectly foul wench) and elliott & harriet
http://home.bluemarble.net/~scouvrette

Respect my authori-tahy!
-- Cartman, "South Park"
Old June 9th 04, 01:56 PM
Sionnach

"shelly" wrote in message
... is difficult to achieve when you've got no voice at all.

Hah. This is definitely true!

What's up with your voice- are you ill?

i think i
just got flipped the dewclaw. hrmph.

Well, if he flipped you the dewclaw at least you know he heard you. ;-)
I'm sure you saw the post where I told about *thinking* Rocsi was giving
me the dew, and then realizing she couldn't hear me over the cicadas.

Old June 9th 04, 02:23 PM
Gwen Watson

Sionnach wrote:

realizing she couldn't hear me over the cicadas.

Are they loud or what. Last night when I went to bed, I said
to hubby those things are so loud. We had TV on, air conditioning
running and all and I could still hear them singing to each other
or chirping or what ever you want to call it. He OTOH could not
hear it until he opened the door and went outside. I guess my
hearing is much more keen then his is at this time. Might be
that he went to too many concerts at a young age. Or shot
too many rifles and guns.

Gwen

Old June 9th 04, 02:35 PM
Sionnach

"Gwen Watson" wrote:

Are they loud or what. Last night when I went to bed, I said
to hubby those things are so loud.

There was an article in the Baltimore Sun a week or so ago... a local
entymologist went out with a noise meter, and was finding levels of 85-95
decibels at individual trees that were full of them.
That's in between a jackhammer and a motorcyle, decibel-wise.

Multiply that by dozens of trees... sheesh.

We had TV on, air conditioning
running and all and I could still hear them singing to each other
or chirping or what ever you want to call it. He OTOH could not
hear it until he opened the door and went outside. I guess my
hearing is much more keen then his is at this time. Might be
that he went to too many concerts at a young age. Or shot
too many rifles and guns.

Could be that he's also better at shutting out "white noise".