Shitzu eating cat and baby poop

Old June 9th 04, 01:04 AM
Sunflower

Default Shitzu eating cat and baby poop

From: "ltlpea"
Subject: Shitzu eating cat and baby poop
Date: Tuesday, June 08, 2004 3:23 PM

We love our little Shihtzu puppy (7 months old). But, one thing that
really gets to me that he does is eat poop. My husband says that is why
they call them Shitzu's. Hahah....Honestly though, it is disgusting. If I
leave a dirty diaper on the floor (wrapped up even) and walk into the
other room, for one minute, he takes the diaper, brings it upstairs into
my room under my bed, and eats the poop out of it. He also eats the cat
poop from the litter box.

Problem is, I have kids, and I dont want him licking my babys face or any
part of his body at that when the dog is eating poop. My vet says
sometimes there is nothing you can do about this.

Is this true? Anyone have some suggestions?

Put the diaper in the trash, and put the litter box in room that's been baby
gated to be inaccessible to the dog. Problem solved.

BTW, if the animal is healthy and had all of his shots and been dewormed,
then I'd be more worried about the kids licking one another. People have
more germs than dogs do.