Ping: Robin N (pet insurance)

Old June 10th 04, 06:47 AM
Abby Pennington

Default Ping: Robin N (pet insurance)

Hey Robin,

I know you posted about it before, but could you re-post the link to the
pet insurance you use? Do you still use it? Have you had to make any
claims? A friend of mine is looking for insurance for her Bullmastiff in
case he happens to develop mast cell tumors, which can be a problem in the
breed.

TIA for any assistance.

--
-Abby

Pems, Aussie, and a Pug

****Remove shoes to reply****
Old June 10th 04, 01:53 PM
Gwen Watson

Abby Pennington wrote:

Hey Robin,

I know you posted about it before, but could you re-post the link to the
pet insurance you use? Do you still use it? Have you had to make any
claims? A friend of mine is looking for insurance for her Bullmastiff in
case he happens to develop mast cell tumors, which can be a problem in the
breed.

TIA for any assistance.

I'm not Robin, but I have been very happy with VIP. I looked into AKC
but it was
higher and didn't seem to cover as much. VIP paid tons on Blade's
bloat/torsion
surgery, without hesitation. Though one must purchase the upper level
premium.

Same with AKC insurance. They are fairly similar when I investigated both.

I have heard some people who have had problems with claims with VIP
but I suspect they did not have all the needed info when filing their
claims,
like full broken detailed print out from Vet of all procedures which
occurred.
VIP does break it down.

Gwen

Old June 10th 04, 01:57 PM
Robin Nuttall

I know you posted about it before, but could you re-post the link to the
pet insurance you use? Do you still use it? Have you had to make any
claims? A friend of mine is looking for insurance for her Bullmastiff in
case he happens to develop mast cell tumors, which can be a problem in the
breed.

I don't have it any more. The one time I did submit a claim it took
FOREVER for them to process it and lots of coniptions. It was available
through Readers Digest, you could go to www.rd.com and find it linked there.

If I was to look again, I'd probably look at AKC.

Old June 10th 04, 02:04 PM
Gwen Watson

Gwen Watson wrote:

VIP does break it down.

Gwen

The above was suppose to say VIP needs to have the procedures
broken down in order to give reimbursement as each procedure,
ie prep, IV, sedation, surgery, medication afterwards etc get
paid under different codes in different amounts per code.

Gwen