I'm Back... :}

Old June 3rd 04, 06:30 PM
Leah

Default I'm Back... :}

In case anybody was wondering where I've been... just had a tough month or so.
Lots of stress, switching jobs, still don't have health insurance lined up...
so of course, doctors are finding all kinds of new things wrong (we can add
osteoporosis and high cholesterol to the previous list of Things Wrong With
Leah). Got a (yikes) colonoscopy scheduled for Monday. Changed meds to Zyban,
so I can try to quit smoking, and having oodles of side effects... dizziness,
brain farts, insomnia... but a bit more energy, which is GOOD.

So basically, I've just been too stressed to use my brain at all when I'm
online, and have been hiding at Pogo (game site). :}

Decided that I'm going to give myself a motorcycle for my 50th birthday
present. Don't know where I'm going to get the $$ for it, but I've got until
November to figure it out. Getting a Honda Rebel. Can't do gas in my SUV back
and forth to work, so it will save me money in the long run (lots).

Anyway, I'm feeling better, so I'll probably be hanging around again.

Girls are doing great. Madigan is (most of the time) making me proud when I
bring her to work. Great with other dogs of all sizes, ages and temperaments,
keeps her attention riveted on me, and her biggest problem is that she's too
friendly. As I tell my students whose dogs are too distracted by all the
wonderful people to concentrate (in PetsMart - doesn't happen in the new
place), you can have a lot worse problems than having a dog who's too friendly.

I love my new job, and my boss is a sweetheart. Other trainers are also really
nice and very good at what they do.

Going to get Madigan her CGC very soon (when I can coordinate with my
co-workers to get her tested). Up until recently, I didn't think she could
pass test #10 - owner leaving for 3 minutes. I don't think that will be a
problem now. The rest should be a cake-walk for her.

Canine Action Dog Trainer
http://www.canineaction.com
My Kids, My Students, My Life:
http://hometown.aol.com/dfrntdrums/m...age/index.html