Garfiled

Old June 10th 04, 02:47 PM
NButeo

Default Garfiled

I was just watching Joel Segal's segment on movies on Good Morning America
Did I hear right that a shock collar was used to make a puppy do back flips.

If that's true this move should be boycotted.

butey

Old June 10th 04, 04:00 PM
NButeo

"Handsome Jack Morrison" wrote in message
On Thu, 10 Jun 2004 08:47:09 -0500, "NButeo" wrote:

I was just watching Joel Segal's segment on movies on Good Morning

America
Did I hear right that a shock collar was used to make a puppy do back

flips.

Yes, indeed! Impressive, huh?

And later on in the show, the pup was doing somersaults, and even
scored a perfect "10" in the horizontal bar.

If that's true this move should be boycotted.

Why? Don't you enjoy gymnastics?

Note: This summer, the U.S. will be fielding an all Chesepeake Bay
Retriever gymnastics team.

Let's wish them well, especially against the hated French poodle team.

--
Handsome Jack Morrison
*gently remove the detonator to reply via e-mail

I thinks its sickening, I thought that type of stuff was illegal.
Actually your response was sickenig as well.
You shouldnt even own a dog.
Or better yet, lets wrap the e-collar around your testicles and watch you do
back flips.
Now that sounds like fun!

Old June 10th 04, 04:18 PM
Zekemon

"Handsome Jack Morrison" wrote in message
On Thu, 10 Jun 2004 10:00:51 -0500, "NButeo" wrote:

[]
Note: This summer, the U.S. will be fielding an all Chesepeake Bay
Retriever gymnastics team.

Let's wish them well, especially against the hated French poodle team.

I thinks its sickening,

What is? Those silly tights they're forced to wear?

I thought that type of stuff was illegal.

Why should gymnastics be illegal?

Even liberals like gymnastics.

Actually your response was sickenig as well.

Ah...so you're one of those anti-Olympics types, right?

You shouldnt even own a dog.

Not even if they can earn us the gold medal this year?

Or better yet, lets wrap the e-collar around your testicles and watch you

do
back flips.

If you promise to spend the night and cook me breakfast in the
morning, it's a deal!

Now that sounds like fun!

You bet!

Note: I'd like my eggs over easy, my steak rare.

--
Handsome Jack Morrison
*gently remove the detonator to reply via e-mail

Hey big mouthed troll, post your address, I'm sure you will have plenty of
takers.
But we all know you would never do that, your a coward hiding behind a
keyboard trying to start something.
Go lay by your dish.

Old June 10th 04, 04:58 PM
KWBrown

"NButeo" wrote in
:

I was just watching Joel Segal's segment on movies on Good Morning
America Did I hear right that a shock collar was used to make a puppy
do back flips.

If that's true this move should be boycotted.

How about you just go get yourself a nice, warm cuppa tea and read the
500+ posts all about use and abuse of the e-collar - all in this group,
just a mouse-click away.

Some in the thread use e-collars, some don't. You'll find an amazing
variety of opinion about the e-collars, along with a bunch of pretty
good (and some mighty flaky) discussion of behavioural concepts.
(Incidentally, I just re-read a post of mine about scritching to
encourage a sit, and I mis-wrote a P- as "P+". Mea culpa, mea maxima
culpa.)

When you'll walk away, maybe you won't feel the need to ASSUME that the
e-collar (if used) was used in a way that was horribly cruel to the poor
snookie baby puppy.

Moreover:

There are so many much more interesting reasons to boycot that flabby
excuse for a pathetic movie: rotten film-making; putrid source material
from a comic strip that stopped trying 20 years ago; and one more
blatant attempt to rope kids into a gotta-have-it spinoffathon.

Oh. Finally: That putrid [etc., etc] comic strip is entitled
"Garfield."

--
Kate
and Storm the horribly abused FCR. It's tragic, dude.