ProHeart 6 Recall (cross-posted)

Old June 10th 04, 08:26 PM
Tee

Default ProHeart 6 Recall (cross-posted)

From: http://www.fda.gov/bbs/topics/enforc.../ENF00851.html

PRODUCT
Fort Dodge ProHeart 6 (moxidectin) Sustained Release Injectable for Dogs,
Sterile Vehicle 17 ml. to be used to constitute moxidectin microspheres, 10%
w/w moxidectin microspheres, packed in 5-unit packs of 20-ml. moxidectin
microsphere and vehicle vials, RX, NADA 141-189, NDC 0856-3670-20. Recall #
V-130-4.

CODE
Lot 367158214, Exp. April 05, and Lot 367158215, Exp. June 05.

RECALLING FIRM/MANUFACTURER
Fort Dodge Laboratories, Inc., Fort Dodge, IA, by letters on April 27, 2004.
Firm initiated recall is ongoing.

REASON
Failing dissolution results for the moxidectin microspheres at the 6-month
stability time point.

VOLUME OF PRODUCT IN COMMERCE
7,390/5-unit packs.

DISTRIBUTION
Nationwide.

--
Tara

Old June 10th 04, 10:57 PM
Sue and Atty

From: http://www.fda.gov/bbs/topics/enforc.../ENF00851.html

I was scanning the page, and also found a metacam recall in 3 states. I
included it just for informative reasons.

Sue and Atty

PRODUCT
Metacam (meloxicam) 1.5 mg/mL Oral Suspension, Non-steroidal
anti-inflammatory drug for oral use in dogs only, packaged in 10-ml bottles,
RX, NADA #141-213. Recall # V-131-4.
CODE
Lot # 113ZM71.
RECALLING FIRM/MANUFACTURER
Boehringer Ingelheim Vetmedica Inc., MO, by letters dated March 3, and March
25, 2004. Firm initiated recall is complete.
REASON
A kilogram dosing syringe was packaged with the product rather than a dosing
syringe calibrated in pounds.
VOLUME OF PRODUCT IN COMMERCE
65,890 packages.
DISTRIBUTION
TN, GA, and IA

Old June 10th 04, 10:57 PM
Sue and Atty

Old June 10th 04, 10:57 PM
Sue and Atty

Old June 12th 04, 01:51 AM
Spot

This recall doesn't surprise me one bit. My first thoughts when I saw the
advertising for this is how the hell can it be safe. There's going to be a
lot of dead dogs over this one. If you really think about it that's a lot
of medication hitting dogs system at once. Even if it is supposed to be
time released it's too risky that it is absorbed properly.

Celeste

Old June 12th 04, 04:10 PM
ZPL

There was a post on another group regarding Ft. Dodge. Seems there have
been some big deficiencies in their lab surveys.