EVENT: Structure seminar, Columbus, OH - Nov. 1/2, 2003

Old July 14th 03, 04:41 AM
Lisa Baird

Default EVENT: Structure seminar, Columbus, OH - Nov. 1/2, 2003

(permission to cross post)

GILBERT'S K-9 STRUCTURE & MOVEMENT SEMINAR, with ED & PAT GILBERT
Columbus, OH - Nov. 1/2, 2003
A full two-day seminar for any dog fancier.

Build on the Basics. Structure for form and function. How structure
along with proper conditioning and handling affects movement. Why breed
specific movement is correct and the "All-American Show Dog" movement is
incorrect for your breed. It makes no difference whether you breed,
hunt, work, do obedience, agility or anything else with your dog(s).
This Seminar will permit you to properly evaluate dogs. Thereby
preparing you to be a more intelligent breeder, trainer, exhibitor,
handler, and judge.
LISTEN, QUESTION, LEARN, AND BE CHALLENGED!
Presented by PAWZitive Beginnings, Columbus, OH
http://www.pawzitivebeginnings.org/
Contact: Pam Williams for details

Old July 14th 03, 06:12 PM
Robin Nuttall

"Lisa Baird" wrote in message
(permission to cross post)

GILBERT'S K-9 STRUCTURE & MOVEMENT SEMINAR, with ED & PAT GILBERT
Columbus, OH - Nov. 1/2, 2003
A full two-day seminar for any dog fancier.

Build on the Basics. Structure for form and function. How structure
along with proper conditioning and handling affects movement. Why breed
specific movement is correct and the "All-American Show Dog" movement is
incorrect for your breed. It makes no difference whether you breed,
hunt, work, do obedience, agility or anything else with your dog(s).
This Seminar will permit you to properly evaluate dogs. Thereby
preparing you to be a more intelligent breeder, trainer, exhibitor,
handler, and judge.
LISTEN, QUESTION, LEARN, AND BE CHALLENGED!

Okay, not to be rude or anything, but who the heck are Ed and Pat Gilbert?
I've never heard of them in either conformation or working circles. As for
why "All American Show Dog Movement" is incorrect for my breed--it's
actually not. All-American-Show-Dog-Movement is movement that's clean and
efficient, with good reach in front and good drive from the rear. Smooth and
effortless on sidegait and clean and efficient on the down and back. That's
desired for my breed.

Generic Show Dog Conformation IS bad for my breed--but funny, that
conformation doesn't produce a dog who moves properly...

Old July 14th 03, 06:30 PM
Suja

Robin Nuttall wrote:

Okay, not to be rude or anything, but who the heck are Ed and Pat Gilbert?

http://www.bouvierclub.org/seminardescription.htm
Suja

Old July 14th 03, 07:37 PM
Mud E Poz

Okay, not to be rude or anything, but who the heck are Ed and Pat Gilbert?

also see the archives a couple of months ago on Dogread. Ed did a seminar on
this topic, which is also the title of his book. For ESS, TRAD (Tremendous
Reach and Drive) is WRONG WRONG WRONG, yet that is what is winning in the ring.
Making the structure of these dogs very different than the nice working
spaniel developed in England.
Old July 14th 03, 07:46 PM
Agilpwd

"Robin Nuttall" wrote in news:bwBQa.59970$Ph3.6325
@sccrnsc04:

GILBERT'S K-9 STRUCTURE & MOVEMENT SEMINAR,

http://www.gilbertk9.homestead.com/Index.html

Ed co-authored, K-9 Structure & Terminology, and he and Pat are long time
dog fanciers. Their web site, or ours, for that matter,
http://www.pawzitivebeginnings.org/, would turn up more information for
you. I try not to put lengthy, drawn out descriptions in the notes I send
out for our events. As mentioned in the original post, more in formation is
available upon request.
Old July 15th 03, 12:38 AM
Melissa S. Frye

"Robin Nuttall" wrote in message

Thanks for the info. I've still never heard of them, and never heard of

the
book. The people I usually think of when it comes to structure and

function
are Chris Zink and Pagey Elliott.

It's an excellent book, and pretty standard, I find it VERY useful if you
are dealing with multiple breeds, and need to understand more than just a
single breeds terms and definitions.

I am sure dogwise has it.
--
Melissa S. Frye