so close... (and dog show pix)

Old June 13th 04, 09:51 PM
culprit

Default so close... (and dog show pix)

today, Manu and i went down to the "Sirius about Dogs" festival in Seattle.
this is the festival where i met him last year, leading to my adopting him a
month later.
we wandered around and took pix (not all bully breeds this time, i
promise!), then we saw the CGC testing area. ok, i had planned on taking a
class, or at least practicing at home, but what the heck. i switched the
lead from the prong to his buckle collar and signed up.

well, considering we went in cold, and considering i've never walked him
without a prong collar... i think we did pretty well. we passed every
exercise, except for one. walking on a loose leash. part of the problem
was the girl outside the ring who called him over so she could pet him (um,
hello? that pink tape is there for a reason!). but part of the problem was
just that he's not very good at walking on a loose leash without his prong
collar. so i guess i'll work on that and retake the test sometime in the
near future.

i'm sad he didn't get his cert, but am very proud of him for how well he
did, considering we went in totally unprepared. he even held a down stay
for the entire 10 minute separation.

so congrats Manu, and better luck next time.

any tips on switching from a prong to a flat buckle collar? :-)

pix are he
http://groups.msn.com/culprit/sirius.msnw

-kelly