Chris' Mac - Update on mystery illness

Old June 13th 04, 10:19 PM
Child

Default Chris' Mac - Update on mystery illness

I am sure most of you know that Mac has been quite ill - not eating and some
other symptoms. Chris had been taking Mac to the vet daily, without any
change and it was getting very worrisome. Luckily, a friend of Chris' who
used to work in a vet office many years ago commented that his symptoms
looked like tetanus. Chris' immediately started looking online for canine
tetanus information and found that it matched mac's symptoms perfectly.
Apparently most dogs are immune to tetanus so they don't vaccinate for it.
However, its obviously a concern and something people should be aware of.

Chris was able to locate a vets office that had the anti-toxin serum for
tetanus. Its far away from home, and Mac has to stay there for five days. I
believe the outcome isn't certain, but you can be sure I am rooting for
Mac's full recovery.

Chris asked me to post and share this information so that others could learn
about tetanus in dogs. This link (below) he found describes the symptoms.
I was kind of amazed because the other day as Chris and I were emailing
about Mac he described how Mac's eyes looked funny - that white was showing
above the eye. The pictures show and describe how the muscles tighten and
cause the third eyelid to show above the eyeball -exactly as Chris'
described it.

http://www.welbornpet.com/Presentati...us/tetanus.htm