Blue Tick Hound

Old July 14th 03, 01:23 PM
Joe

Default Blue Tick Hound

Hi,

Has anybody ever owned a blue tick from a puppy? If yes, can you give me
any tips? We just acquired one and she sleeps and bites. I have owned
puppies before, but never one that bites constantly and as hard as this one.

Any info you could give me would be great.

Thanks

Joe

Old July 14th 03, 03:54 PM
chowmom

"Joe" wrote in message
Hi,

Has anybody ever owned a blue tick from a puppy? If yes, can you give me
any tips? We just acquired one and she sleeps and bites. I have owned
puppies before, but never one that bites constantly and as hard as this

one.

Any info you could give me would be great.

Thanks

Joe

How old is your puppy?
Surely, she must do something besides "bite constantly"? What do you do
when she bites?
Does she have plenty of appropriate chewies?
Maybe you could provide some more basic information so that people can
respond more specifically.
Margaret

Old June 27th 05, 06:15 PM
coonhunter coonhunter is offline
Junior Member

[quote=chowmom]"Joe" wrote in message
Hi,

Has anybody ever owned a blue tick from a puppy? If yes, can you give me
any tips? We just acquired one and she sleeps and bites. I have owned
puppies before, but never one that bites constantly and as hard as this

one.

Any info you could give me would be great.

Thanks

Joe

Basic tips.
hey there joe if shes biteing you she might not like you or the way you come up to her. heres some basic tips for ya cause i got 6 of them now. dont keep her tied up to long maybe for a few hrs but thats it. when she bites you pop her on the nose not hard just to get your message across to her let her know whos boss. blue ticks sleep alot and shes a pup so shes gonna do that but take her to an open felid where no ones around and run her on her leash, its good exersice for her and your self lol. go out and get so white milk bones let her chew on those trust me all my dogs love them. start traning her early if shes gonna hunt. and dont keep her in the house all day this breed of dogs are outside dogs mostly. and other then that give her lots of love and food/water. good luck with her. if you have any more problems E-mail me at

Last edited by coonhunter : June 27th 05 at 06:19 PM.
Old June 29th 05, 12:24 AM

Here's your FREE copy of The Amazing Puppy
Wizard's FREE WWW Wits' End Dog Training
Method Manual:

http://makeashorterlink.com/?G34D2527A

Just ASK The Amazing Puppy Wizard if you
need any additional FREE heelp. There's NO
arbritrary INFORMATION in your FREE copy
of The Amazing Puppy Wizard's FREE WWW
Wits' End Dog Training Method Manual so
study it well and do and follow ALL the
EXXXERCISES AS INSTRUCTED... it's a PRECISE
SCIENCE or it COULDN'T GET 100% CONSISTENT
NEARLY INSTANT SUCCESS for all handlers and
all dogs in all fields or utilities and
behaviors all over the Whole Wild World
{) ; ~ )

coonhunter wrote: