Troubled pup

Old July 1st 04, 06:50 AM
rica_rose

Default Troubled pup

I recently adopted a puppy. she was ment to be a replacement for a pet that
I have put to sleep.I didn't realise how much of a copycat she would be
she has picked up all of my dogs bad behavior. She nips, pulls her leash
and hops up on the table to get food. any advice on how to stop theis
behaviors.

Old July 1st 04, 06:54 AM
culprit

"rica_rose" wrote in message
lkaboutpets.com...
I recently adopted a puppy. she was ment to be a replacement for a pet

that
I have put to sleep.I didn't realise how much of a copycat she would be
she has picked up all of my dogs bad behavior. She nips, pulls her leash
and hops up on the table to get food. any advice on how to stop theis
behaviors.

take her to a class to learn how to train her.

-kelly

Old July 2nd 04, 06:33 PM
Hugo

The majority of dogs are mischievous lil rascals as puppies, and that's when
you have to train them , cause when their older its much harder, I never
took my dogs to a training place, with your problem , whenever your dog is
acting bad, grab her on the moment (important, and say a hard "NO No NO",
if necessary spank her , but don't over do it, dogs go by the law of the
Alpha dog, if you let your dog walk all over you it will think its normal to
those things and will think its the Alpha dog of your house, good luck.
lkaboutpets.com...