Alternative and Holistic medicines/food

Old October 23rd 03, 04:54 PM
Simone

Default Alternative and Holistic medicines/food

Hello

Has anyone tried using alternative medicines and/or holistic foods on
their dog. I have a 12 year old golden retriever mix with a myriad of
problems -- lacking diuretic hormones, arthritis, heart and liver --
so far using alternative medicines have helped especially Glucosamine
that I buy from whole foods market. Am about to try dandelion root
for her liver (I have other recommendations, but this one is cheaper),
Hawthorne Berries for her heart (again, cheaper) and corn silk for her
diuretics. She's also on holistic food that I mix with Hills Science
Diet wet senior formula.

I would be interested in knowing if anyone has had success using these
kind of remedies as opposed to the vet ones.

Thanks, Simone
Old October 24th 03, 12:06 AM
buglady

"Simone" wrote in message
om...

Hawthorne Berries for her heart (again, cheaper)

.......If your oldster is taking any heart medications, please don't use
Hawthorne without discussing it with a vet who understands use of herbs.

.........Congratualtions on having a 12 year old golden - may her tail keep
waving.

buglady
take out the dog before replying

Old October 29th 03, 04:10 AM
Remi

You might want to try milk thistle for the liver. It's available at most
health food stores and it's not too expensive ($17 for 90 pills here in
Canada). My vet recommended it for my dog and it's worked wonders.

om...