My Golden hates Mozart

Old July 18th 04, 05:08 PM
Incontinentius Buttocks

Default My Golden hates Mozart

Weird. With Mighty Mo set at almost any volume, she'll start whining
and giving me a plaintive look. She tolerates other composers just
fine, and I can play other styles (Latin, Brazilian, etc.) at just
about any volume and she'll go to sleep in front of the speakers. Must
be something about the sound frequency of Mozart, even at low volume,
that hurts her ears? Can't live without Mo, but love my dog, too.
Anyone else have the same experience?
Old July 18th 04, 05:49 PM
FurPaw

Incontinentius Buttocks wrote:
Weird. With Mighty Mo set at almost any volume, she'll start whining
and giving me a plaintive look. She tolerates other composers just
fine, and I can play other styles (Latin, Brazilian, etc.) at just
about any volume and she'll go to sleep in front of the speakers. Must
be something about the sound frequency of Mozart, even at low volume,
that hurts her ears? Can't live without Mo, but love my dog, too.
Anyone else have the same experience?

If you can't live without Mo, get headphones. ;-)

When I was a kid, we had a chihuahua who would start howling every day
when a certain piece, the theme for the sports news, came on the radio.
But he ran _towards the radio, not away from it, and "sang" along. He
also came over to the piano and "sang" when I was practicing certain
pieces, so I don't think his ears were hurting.

FurPaw

Old July 19th 04, 02:05 PM
Incontinentius Buttocks

FurPaw wrote in message ...
If you can't live without Mo, get headphones. ;-)

Yeah, that's the only solution, I guess. I've tried to get her to go
lie in the bedroom with the door closed, but she insists on sitting
next to me...then whining and groaning because her ears hurt. :-( It's
just strange that only Mozart bothers her.

IB