My ESS's Issues (long story)

Old August 7th 04, 04:26 AM
Rick

Default My ESS's Issues (long story)

I did. The sire was born 7/26/96. Since your dog was born 10/20/97, that
makes him a whopping 15 months old when she was born, ~13 months when he
impregnated the dam. No responsible breeder would do such a thing. Yes,
accidents happen, but since none of these dogs have any titles of any sort, I
doubt it was much of an accident - just a good ole Back Yard Breeder. At least
the Dam was 5. None of the dogs appear in the OFA database (no recorded health
testing).

Let's just say she didn't come from stellar breeding, and in ESS, that affects
temperament a whole lot.

When I went looking for another dog after my two previous ones had
passed, (16 yo Cocker, and 17 yo beagle mix) I looked around at the
3-4 local shelters for about 2 months or so before I came across
Katie, sitting a cage, looking so sad, over weight, hair matted,
little tennis ball by her feet.
I wasn't looking for any particular breed, and I had no idea she was a
purebred at 1st, and it really made no difference to me. There seemed
to be a connection between us right away. In the 3 years I've had her,
we have become very attached to one another..best buds I guess. I had
to take her to the vet/groomers today for her shots that were due, and
a bath and grooming. I hated leaving her there because I think that
she thinks that she is being dumped again.. she gets so sad when I
leave her.

Katie is the sweetest, smartest dog I have ever known. She keeps
surprising me with just how smart she is! She just has an issue with
other dogs getting in her face. I'll try and limit the chances of this
happening, but adopting her was one of the best things I have ever
done.

As I type this, she is laying at my feet sound asleep, head on my
ankle, little bows still on each ear from the groomers today.
I feel very lucky.
Rick

Old August 7th 04, 01:28 PM
Leah

Rick wrote:
And one more from the Dog park.. there really are alot of open spaces
there.
http://community.webshots.com/photo/...07520105lTDxYw

Oh, look at those adorable ears. :}

Canine Action Dog Trainer