Organic vacuum cleaner (sic)

Old July 7th 04, 09:31 AM
K...........

Default Organic vacuum cleaner (sic)

Hi there,

Our Maltese terrier, 6 months old, just about eats everything.

It's driving me insane. We live at a beach and so I take him for a walk
every morning and every evening, but along the way he'll stop and pick up
nearly every piece of rubbish or cigarette butt or worse.... When he is in
the house he does the same, we've been puppy trained as our house has to be
kept very neat now, nothing can be less than coffee table height otherwise
he'll get to it. I've even found him in the kitty litter tray chewing on
their remains.

Yesterday I found him with a tube of super glue dribbling out of his mouth
(my son is an avid warhammer hobbyist).

We've taken him to puppy training school, learnt a lot, he is very well
behaved in all other respects, follows commands and comes when he is off
leash etc. we even taught him a command to leave food and treats unless he
receives the command, but this only works if you can see the object that you
want him to leave.

I give him plenty of toys, and he eats a well balanced diet of biscuits,
meat and bones to chew on.

I just don't know how to stop him from picking up everything in his mouth.
I do try and stop him however half the time I'm not quick enough to see what
it is that he is going to pick up, I'll just become aware that he's chewing
on something else... And I don't like having to put my fingers in his mouth
to pry it out every couple of minutes.

My fear is that he will scoop up something that may harm him, the super glue
was a warning signal there.

Any ideas folks?

Kulander.