OT--Ping Floridians Charley

Old August 15th 04, 04:23 AM
Marie

Default OT--Ping Floridians Charley

Hi All;

I'm just back from 10 days in Michigan cottage-country, so it will take me a
bit to catch up with the news he but in the mean time, I'm hoping my
Florida friends can give me news from the Fort Myers area.

We know that Charley unexpectedly hit landfall at Charlotte Harbor, and that
Sanibel Island was hit bad, but we haven't heard much about Fort Myers. We
are *really* interested, because hubby's 106yo grandmother is in a
retirement village called Shell Point, and it is *very* close to the
causeway to Sanibel. My MIL has been trying to reach the Pavillion (Shell
Point's nursing home where her mom resides) since Friday morning but hasn't
been able to get through. Her SIL (who lives in Fort Myers proper)
weathered the storm ok but was without power for about 24hrs: she hasn't
been able to get through to Shell Point by phone either, and says that the
Powers That Be are asking Fort Myers' residents not to travel, so she can't
get out to check on Namo either.

Currently, we are trying to take the "no news is good news" approach to our
ignorance; but I know all of us (especially my MIL) would feel better if we
had more information.

TIA

Marie

Old August 16th 04, 12:52 PM
Judy

"Marie" wrote in message
t.cable.rogers.com...
hubby's 106yo grandmother is in a
retirement village called Shell Point, and it is *very* close to the
causeway to Sanibel. My MIL has been trying to reach the Pavillion (Shell
Point's nursing home where her mom resides) since Friday morning but

hasn't
been able to get through.

Any word yet? What about trying the Red Cross to get information?

I'm *sure* the nursing home did whatever they could - and it seems like
someone must be trying to get word out by now to relatives.
--
~~Judy
When life gives you lemons, ask for tequila and salt.

Old August 16th 04, 12:52 PM
Judy

t.cable.rogers.com...

Old August 16th 04, 12:52 PM
Judy

t.cable.rogers.com...

Old August 16th 04, 12:52 PM
Judy

t.cable.rogers.com...

Charley Update Child Dog behavior 101 August 17th 04 01:07 PM
What's "ping"? Nat Dog behavior 9 January 14th 04 08:32 AM
What's "ping"? Nat Dog behavior 0 January 14th 04 12:07 AM
What's "ping"? Nat Dog behavior 0 January 14th 04 12:07 AM
Ping Suja Gwen Watson Dog behavior 81 January 13th 04 07:47 PM