OT- update on Mo-kitty

Old June 21st 04, 06:15 AM
culprit

Default OT- update on Mo-kitty

well, we wound up not getting a chance to look for a good surgeon, but we
lucked out and found one anyway.

last night, Mo blocked again. when we brought him into the ER vet, they
were unable to unblock him with a urinary cath, because they had done so
much damage on previous caths, his urethra was swollen shut with scar
tissue. so they drained some urine with a syringe, and this morning,
Mo-kitty had his penis chopped off. yes, my cat has had a sex change. and
hopefully, he'll now be able to pee, without assistance.
here's hoping the continual blockages didn't damage his kidneys too badly.

it's been a long road. Mo's total vet bills have come to somewhere around
$7000. yes, the one animal i ever bought from a breeder has cost me more
than all the other pets i've ever had, combined. so make sure your breeders
do LOTS of health testing! i didn't know much about that stuff when i
bought poor Mo. i wish i had.

so Mo is recovering well this evening, and will come back to his "home" vet
tomorrow. we should have him back home by the end of the week.

thanks again for all the advice.

ObDog: Manu learned to open the sliding windows last night, and he and Lola
had an unscheduled romp in the yard. guess we'll keep those shut this
summer. it's gonna be hot. in here.

-kelly