Naughty Puppy

Old July 11th 04, 06:34 AM
cov

Default Naughty Puppy

We recently purchased a german shepard puppy and though we love this
little guy, we cannot seem to get him over his juvenile deliquent
behavior of biting. He's the 3rd german shepard I've had in my
lifetime but the first I've had where trying to raise a dog with
younger children is concerned which may be making the difference here.

He's growing fast and with his razor teeth, has already caused more
than his fair share of "owwies" and torn clothes with the kids. Does
anyone have any ideas on breaking young shepards from this where they
get the idea that they are actually the pet and the kids aren't fellow
puppies or otherwise, chew toys? He's normally a pretty good dog but
at times, one would swear he'd gotten into cat nip and then gets
pretty rambunkious.

Would very much appreciate any thoughts or comments from others who
have experienced this and found a way around it. It's more of a
playful biting that's going on (on his part) but getting it through to
him that it hurts the kids and so on, isn't working too well. He's a
good boy for a while and then seems to lapse back into a playful kujo.
:-)

Chris
coverland914 AT yahoo DOT com