A few issues...

Old August 17th 04, 05:27 PM
Ray

Default A few issues...

I recently (3rd week now) took in a rotty/lab mix bitch, 10 month old puppy
from an older gentlemen that couldn't keep her anymore. She has alot of
very cute manners, is housetrained, love to go for car rides, but....a very
big BUT, she has behaviour problems.

First off, her prey drive is very high, and I have 2 cats that I've had for
over 6 years. One cat just stands her ground, but the dog is obsessed with
the cats. If their around, she can't relax and always tries to get behind
them, and generally annoys the crap out of them.

Second, which is also part of the first problem....If I could bottle the
energy she has, I'd be a millionaire. She just doesn't know when to stop.
I play with her for about half hour to an hour after work, then go for a
walk later in the evening, but that's not enough. When she gets in the
house she thinks it's play time again and starts trying to play/bite my wife
or anyone around for taht matter. So I believe this is also related to the
annoying the cat issues. When she gets going too much in the house, I bring
her outside for a time-out.

I don't know if she'll grow out of this hyper phase or not. She listens
good when I tell her to sit, etc., but otherwise just wants to play
non-stop. When I play ball with her, I actually have to stop throwing after
30 mins or so otherwise she'd kill herself probably from exhaustion.

Sorry for the long post but I'm looking for some advice about this behavior.

Thanks in advance.

Ray

A few issues... Ray Dog behavior 30 August 18th 04 06:34 PM
Current Issues Article Archive [AF] Abdulhafid Dog rescue 0 October 12th 03 01:55 PM
Current Issues Article Archive [AF] Abdulhafid Dog rescue 0 October 12th 03 01:55 PM
Ping Robin N./ anyone with knowlege about ortho issues, esp. in Dobes Sionnach Dog behavior 24 October 6th 03 01:10 PM
Ping Robin N./ anyone with knowlege about ortho issues, esp. in Dobes Sionnach Dog behavior 0 October 5th 03 03:21 PM