What do you think he is?

Old July 16th 03, 01:47 AM
Tara O.

Default What do you think he is?

"Amanda Tikkanen" wrote in message
om...
Besides *cute* I mean.

12-14 weeks old, about 15#. Short hair.

Pics are at the URL below.

http://uberpest.50megs.com/breedguess/

And, to make you feel better, there IS a definative answer. I just
want to hear what you all get as a first impression.

I'd guess Lab x Boxer
--
Tara

Old July 16th 03, 03:31 AM
misty

I'm guessing a Weim too... but I cheated and used google to help ;-)

~misty

Old July 16th 03, 03:56 AM
Tara O.

"Mud E Poz" wrote in message
Blue Weim?

I thought those ears w/that head looked Weimish but had never heard of one
being anything but silver. Then again I've seen many a Lab w/longish ears
and being black unfortunately tends to hide alot of features. His nub along
with his body structure when sitting look Boxer or Bully to me though.

--
Tara

Old July 16th 03, 04:23 AM

Amanda Tikkanen wrote:

http://uberpest.50megs.com/breedguess/

And, to make you feel better, there IS a definative answer. I just
want to hear what you all get as a first impression.

Weimeraner (sp?).

Alice

--
The root cause of problems is simple overpopulation. People just aren't
worth very much any more, and they know it. Makes 'em testy. ...Bev
|,4- ) )-,_..;\ ( `'-'
'---''(_/--' `-'\_) Cat by Felix Lee.
Old July 16th 03, 04:52 AM
Supergoof

"Amanda Tikkanen" wrote ...
Besides *cute* I mean.

http://uberpest.50megs.com/breedguess/

And, to make you feel better, there IS a definative answer. I just
want to hear what you all get as a first impression.

Adorable!

Looks a bit german shorthaired pointer and black lab - much bigger ears than
a lab

Rachel
(New Zealand)

Old July 16th 03, 07:45 AM
culprit

"Amanda Tikkanen" wrote in message
om...
Besides *cute* I mean.

12-14 weeks old, about 15#. Short hair.

Pics are at the URL below.

http://uberpest.50megs.com/breedguess/

And, to make you feel better, there IS a definative answer. I just
want to hear what you all get as a first impression.

i think it's a black Catahoula. something about the eyes...

-kelly

Old July 16th 03, 01:32 PM
Amanda Tikkanen

"culprit" wrote in message ...
"Amanda Tikkanen" wrote in message
om...
Besides *cute* I mean.

12-14 weeks old, about 15#. Short hair.

Pics are at the URL below.

http://uberpest.50megs.com/breedguess/

And, to make you feel better, there IS a definative answer. I just
want to hear what you all get as a first impression.

i think it's a black Catahoula. something about the eyes...

-kelly

Ding ding ding! We have a winner!!!

It's Jake, my brother's puppy. Jake is Beau's 3/4 brother. Jake is
also a natural bobtail, but his tail has a slight kink to it so that
it sticks straight out instead of dropping like Beau's. He's also up
to 25# now, bigger than in those pictures. He also has a very slight
touch of brindle coming in on his legs (in the "normal tan trim"
area). I don't think it will ever be very noticable, though.

sneaky, huh?

-Amanda
http://www.uberpest.com
Old July 16th 03, 01:36 PM
culprit

"Amanda Tikkanen" wrote in message
om...

Ding ding ding! We have a winner!!!

It's Jake, my brother's puppy. Jake is Beau's 3/4 brother. Jake is
also a natural bobtail, but his tail has a slight kink to it so that
it sticks straight out instead of dropping like Beau's. He's also up
to 25# now, bigger than in those pictures. He also has a very slight
touch of brindle coming in on his legs (in the "normal tan trim"
area). I don't think it will ever be very noticable, though.

sneaky, huh?

it was actually the bob tail that tipped me off. i only know of a couple
breeds with naturally bobbed tails, and i knew that Catahoulas could come in
solid colors, so i made a guess.

but those soulful eyes helped too.

-kelly

Old July 16th 03, 06:40 PM
Amanda Tikkanen

"culprit" wrote in message ...
it was actually the bob tail that tipped me off. i only know of a couple
breeds with naturally bobbed tails, and i knew that Catahoulas could come in
solid colors, so i made a guess.

There's a fair number of natural bobtail breeds, but few that also
have drop ears, short coats and come in solid black. The *really*
tough part is natural bobtails occur in every Cur breed. Most of the
others are docked, as well.

but those soulful eyes helped too.

-kelly

Oh yeah. Every one I've met has a little person looking back out.
It's eerie.

It's funny. My brother wanted a dog that didn't look "plain" or like
what everyone else has. He was sure he wanted a leopard. The he saw
a pic of a tri (pretty much black and tan with a little spot on her
chest) and he just *had* to have a black. It's funny since most
people only want blue leopards.

Jake is so much like Beau it isn't even funny. He talks more, though.
He fits in great at my brother's house (he also thinks he's 110#, so
he's getting himself into trouble already).

-Amanda
http://www.uberpest.com
Old July 17th 03, 04:00 AM
Tara O.

"BoxHill" wrote in message

I'd guess Lab x Boxer
--
Tara

A labXboxer lives across the street from us, and he doesn't look anything

like
this, other than being predominantly black. Not that that means anything,

of
course.

I've seen ones that looked just like the pic posted by Amanda. The side
view of the puppy w/the docked/bobbed tail is very much how a Boxer puppy
looks at that age (minus longer snout and color). There was an adorable Lab
x Boxer litter at a shelter a while back. They already knew the breeds
involved because the owner admitted to the accidental breeding. Anyway,
they looked completely Lab except for the short snout w/underbite and blocky
head. They actually could have been mistaken for an English-type Lab.

--
Tara