That $39k award

Old July 2nd 04, 08:12 AM
Lynn K.

Default That $39k award

Chris had mentioned a recent Orange Cnty case where a man was awarded
$9k for vet bills and $30k for the loss of his dog. (the Bluestone
case) It's precedent setting because it's the 1st case in CA that has
awarded more than the market value of the animal & actual costs.
Chris also said that he was uncomfortable after talking to the
plaintiff. I can see why. I met tonight with some animal law
attorneys and we chatted briefly about the case as we were waiting for
someone. The presiding Superior Court judge noted the $30k portion of
the jury award as illegal and uncollectable. But more than that - the
plaintiff racked up more than $500k in legal bills, $70K and $80k of
which are to 2 different law firms that are currently suing him
because those amounts are still unpaid.

I sure hope the momentary victory was worth it.

Lynn K.

That $39k award Lynn K. Dog behavior 33 July 5th 04 02:08 PM
That $39k award Lynn K. Dog behavior 0 July 2nd 04 08:12 AM
That $39k award Lynn K. Dog behavior 0 July 2nd 04 08:12 AM