My yorkie eats his own crap!

Old September 1st 04, 05:35 PM
Ahmet

Default My yorkie eats his own crap!

Help! This is the most disgusting thing I have ever seen. My dog is
just a few months old and just started eating his own crap. I don't
know why he does this and how I can get him to stop. Anyone else
having this problem?

thanks....
Old September 1st 04, 07:25 PM
Diana

"Ahmet" wrote in message
m...
Help! This is the most disgusting thing I have ever seen. My dog is
just a few months old and just started eating his own crap. I don't
know why he does this and how I can get him to stop. Anyone else
having this problem?

thanks....

Its quite normal for many dogs, only people think its disgusting.

If you tidy up before he can get eat it, you won't have a problem - this may
mean you take him to do his business on lead (which I'd recommend anyway at
his age as part of his housetraining, so that you can see & reward him for
going it in the right place, i.e. outside). Don't scold him for it, he might
not associate your scolding with his eating it but for that you just don't
like to see it and you could make him worse.

Just ignore it, calmly lead him away, tether him out of sight and then go
tidy up.

Easy.

Diana

--
Cindy's web site
http://cindy-incidentally.mysite.wanadoo-members.co.uk

Old September 3rd 04, 04:13 PM
Ahmet

Diana,

Thanks for the response. The problem is, he is going in a litter box
while i'm not at home. He is already trained to do that so I can't be
there all the time to clean it up. Somebody told me to put some
cayenne pepper on it so he won't want it. What do you think? I haven't
tried it yet...

Thanks,
Ahmet

m...