Frances!

Old September 1st 04, 06:07 PM
Leah

Default Frances!

So here comes Frances right at Charley's heels... I still haven't had the tree
guy or insurance agent to my house yet.

If it's still due to hit us on Friday, I'm packing up the kids and taking off
for the closest campgrounds away from ground zero. I've experienced two too
many hurricanes at close range.

Canine Action Dog Trainer
http://www.canineaction.com
My Kids, My Students, My Life:
http://hometown.aol.com/dfrntdrums/m...age/index.html

Old September 1st 04, 07:00 PM
Tee

"Leah" -OFF wrote in message
So here comes Frances right at Charley's heels... I still haven't had the

tree
guy or insurance agent to my house yet.

If it's still due to hit us on Friday, I'm packing up the kids and taking

off
for the closest campgrounds away from ground zero. I've experienced two

too
many hurricanes at close range.

Leah, if I were you I'd get out of the state altogether. Just don't go to
SC because there's no room. It took me a total of 5 hours & 37 phone calls
to obtain reservations at pet-friendly hotels for 6 rooms and they're not
even at the same hotels. I was lucky in that I was able to get Greenville,
still 3.5 hours of non-traffic driving (so it'll probably be about 20 hours
if evacuation is ordered) but every large city and those close to large
cities in this state are booked. Asheville was also impossible to get into
earlier than Sunday. If this trough weakens then Charleston is in the
bullseye range.

Even if it doesn't hit here but travels up here inland, anything with winds
reaching over 50mph will send a great many more trees down due to ground
saturation. I would imagine the same applies to Florida. We only got 65mph
winds & a ton of rain from Charley but Gaston nailed us hard. I was lucky
in that I was only without power for 16 hours but we had a lot of cleanup.
Charleston still has about 15,000 residents without power and many homes
with trees on or in them. Get as far away as you can and then complain on
the ride back if nothing major happened rather than get a little ways away
and still be a target. Frances' size right now will completely engulf the
state of FL.

--
Tara

Old September 1st 04, 07:16 PM
Gwen Watson

Tee wrote:

Frances' size right now will completely engulf the
state of FL.

I agree with that. I am not sure how far or how long it would take
Leah to get to Alabama or Louisiana but those would be the options/
directions I would consider if it were me.

Gwen