Local kook reborn, or competition?

Old August 12th 04, 08:24 AM
White Monkey

Default Local kook reborn, or competition?

Oh my goodness! This turned up (NOT endorsed or recommended!) on my Danes
forum today. Seems oddly familiar, if slicker and more professional.... I
don't believe it's the same person--in fact, it contradicts some of our
local nut's claims, and the spelling and grammar is MUCH better than his
manual--but are we going to start seeing a lot of these folks now?

As to the claims... hmmm. Don't buy it. OK, it's true that Danes train
differently to other dogs. It's true that they respond to a conversational
approach for giving commands. But without using this guy's system, my Dane
is already, as he claims to be able to make her, "so well trained my friends
are jealous"... but of course that's partly because she IS a Dane and
although far from settled into perfect behavior by any means is
better-behaved than other puppies often are at 5 1/2 months, and also in
part due to the fact that most of my neighbors don't really seem to have a
clue about training and let their dogs drag them around and stuff. Any
moderately well trained dog (just the basics) would have them jealous. The
rest just doesn't wash with me--"special mental triggers" that operate a
Dane like "remote control"? "Hard-wired" for obedience? Nah!

Anyway, just had to share the new nut-system ad with everyone! Here's the