Cat and Dogs Breakthrough!

Old August 25th 04, 09:18 PM
Leah

Default Cat and Dogs Breakthrough!

It's been a long, slow road getting my dogs to accept McTavish to the point of
where they don't have to be in his face every time he makes a move. However, I
just looked to my right...

I have a coffee table set up by my computer, and it's one of Kenzie's favorite
snoozing places. On top, not underneath. When she's not there, Tav likes to
lie there. Up until recently, he could only do so for a short period of time
before being disconcerted by dog noses, paws, yips, and staring eyes.

Recently he started really freaking them out by rubbing against their faces
while they are in mid-stalk.

Today... I just looked over and saw Tav and Kenzie lying together on the coffee
table, touching.

Whee!!!

During the no-electricity portion of my hurricane recovery, Tav got lonesome
because we weren't in his room (the computer room) as often. So two nights in
a row he freaked everybody out (me included) by jumping into the bed with us.
The girls were so astounded that they were speechless. :}

It's been over a year, and I had started to give up hope that Tav and the girls
would ever be able to form a relationship with each other. But he's been a
persistent little bugger, and it's starting to happen. Madigan is even
starting to allow him to move freely without constantly attempting to herd him.

Canine Action Dog Trainer
http://www.canineaction.com
My Kids, My Students, My Life:
http://hometown.aol.com/dfrntdrums/m...age/index.html