Bodhi is Weird

Old September 7th 04, 02:35 AM
Shelly & The Boys

Default Bodhi is Weird

I'm convinced of it now.
I have thought it for awhile, but today's findings convinced me.

For some time now, he has been a bit obsessed with my hair
accessories. Ponytail bands, clips, but especially those little
plastic clamp type holders. I would keep them on the headboard
of the bed (usually placed there at bedtime & then forgotten until
there weren't anymore in the bathroom and I had to fetch them
back to the cabinet).
The alarm clock, the hair stuff, and bright orange foam earplugs (my
husband snores, and I am an incredibly light sleeper, so oftentimes
I'll put earplugs in).
Bodhi has been amazingly good at finding those hair clippie things
anywhere. Places I didn't know they now were. I would go through,
pick any strays up that I would find. He just chews a couple of the
tines off, then leaves them. The scrunchi things he just drools on.
(I told ya, he's weird)

Well, last week I took all of the hair things and all of the earplugs (like
maybe 4 or 5 of them) and put them into a ziplock baggie, up behind
the lamp on top of the headboard.

Today I came home from work, and on the bed were all of the earplugs
in a nice, neat pile.

On the floor, on his bed, were all of the hair scrunchi things in a nice,
tidy pile.

Then, in another, not so neat pile, were about 3 of the plastic clippies.
Tines all chewed off, and left laying on the floor.

And a ziplock baggie with a small hole chewed in one corner.

He does not, nor has he really ever destroyed anything else since
he was very young (he used to really like shredding newspaper &
other paper things).

I solved the problem. I cut my hair very short, so now I don't need
the hair accessories anymore.
Weird, weird dog.
Shelly & The Weird Boys:
Coda CGC, HIC
Bodhi PT, CGC, FMD, HCTs, and now *2* legs toward his CD! :-)

--
"A breeder who has no interest in rescue of what he has produced is of no
value to anyone, and of even less value to his breed." -- Dr. Malcolm

Old September 7th 04, 02:57 AM
Shelly & The Boys

"Tee" wrote in message
LOL. Everyone must have a weird dog or they're not experiencing the joys

of
pet ownership I do have to say though that Bodhi is almost sounding

like
a candidate for a good therapist. Its not just the hair/head accessory
fetish but he's a neat freak to boot.

Yeah, it's not that I'm amazed he chomping stupid things I leave
lying around,. It's the fact that he's ORGANIZING my messes
into little piles.

Coda is weird, but not in ways that are very helpful! laugh
When Coda is weird, Bodhi gets sort of obsessive about that
too. Bodhi tries herding him into quiet submission. It's a pretty
predictable routine every day when my husband gets home (Bodhi
to Coda): Scruff grab, leg grab, get over there & stop your barking!
Shelly & The Boys