So you guys have been victimized by the troll TySteel too????

Old August 26th 04, 05:18 PM
Jeff Thoreson

Default So you guys have been victimized by the troll TySteel too????

Over on alt.music.moody-blues we've been victimized by this guy for years.
RISE UP!! DO NOT RESPOND TO ANY OF HIS MESSAGES!!! PLONK HIM RIGHT DOWN IN
YOUR KILL FILE, ALONG WITH HIS NEW ALIAS, TYSTEEL41!!!!

Message 3 in thread
From: Tysteel40 )
Subject: Advice with Nuisance barking

View this article only
Newsgroups: rec.pets.dogs.behavior
Date: 2004-08-18 06:16:07 PST

Thanks for the reply. I really don't know how much the sheriff dept.

will do
about this situation, but when I emailed them some time ago, I was told

there
are no specific local laws here dealing with dog nuisance barking. They

only
have a few state laws to go by, and those really only deal with how many

dogs
are on a property, and not noise barking.

But in the reply I received I was also told that if I reported the

nuisance
barking to the sheriff over the phone , the sheriff would have a 'talk'

with
these people. Though I'm not sure how effective that will be, especially

if
they can't cite the inconsiderate neighbor. I wonder if this will only

blow up
the situation even more.

So I could call and get the local sheriff involved as a final resort, but

now I
also have to worry about how the people I live with wiill take the whole

thing,
especially my host. As I said before, my host (who is not bothered so

much by
the barking as he lives on other side of the house) has told me not to

contact
the police or animal control, but I will inform that I can no longer abide

by
this. That is why I asked about how the police generally handle these
situations, because if the cops drive up to the residence, then my
host/landlord is going to start freaking out.

So out of desperation, I will try one last manuever, I'm going to send a

letter
to the address of the inconsiderate neighbor. I tried not to make the

letter
threatening and kept it friendly , but I did think it was worth mentioning

that
I have considered contacting the animal control people about this problem.
Basically, I exhort the neighbor to find out what is causing his dogs so

much
stress, and to remedy it.

I did not identify exactly who I was by name, other than to say that I'm a
guest of one of his neighbors, and that the incessant dog barking is an
annoyance. Though I'm sure once they read the letter, they will

automatically
know who I am.

I wonder if the neighbor will be set off by the letter, and will come over

where I live to heckle me, or give me the evil eye whenever he sees

me.....
But at this point, I don't think I should care any longer about that. If

all
this fails, I will take the final unfortunate step of getting animal
control/sheriff dept involved, and if that's not effective, I will have to

take
action in court.

thanks

From: Tysteel40 )Subject: Play by ear Chord voice leading
View this article only Newsgroups: rec.music.makers.pianoDate: 2004-08-08
12:19:33 PST Hi,

I was wondering, when choosing which which chord voice leadings to use when
learning how to play something off a recording (without sheet music), what
is
the primary consideration to keep in mind? I know that in a book I have
which
teaches who to voicelead the chords found in fake books, it says
"voiceleading
means moving from one chord to the next in a smooth manner horizontally ie
without unnecessary interval leaps".

so, let me ask, if I was learning to play some music by ear, and if the
first
chord I played was a C major chord in root position, and then I moved my
hand
over to then decided to play the A minor chord in *root position* instead of
choosing to play the closest inversion of A minor which would facilitate
less
of a leap, would that be a wrong approach?

thanks