grass eating .. nutrition?

Old September 14th 04, 10:39 PM
EmilyS

Default grass eating .. nutrition?

my 4 year old pit bull boy LOVES to eat grass. Almost obsessessively
so.
Watching him chow down like some weird sheep makes me wonder if it's
not just the taste he's after, but some nutritional component. I
feed him high quality kibble (Innova/Canidae) but perhaps there's
something missing I could supplement?

EmilyS
Old September 14th 04, 11:09 PM
Lenny Tupler

There are two lines of thinking. 1)That eating grass relieves stomach
distress and 2) That there is some nutritional missing from his diet. My dog
had severe stomach discomfort before I switched to a much lower fat
content food and then supplemented with vegetables such as broccoli and
green beans (both of which he loves).. On occasion, now he still grazes
and eats grass to throw up the substance accumulated in his stomach but he
is not suffering the distress problem he previously had.

Our dogs know what they need best

-
LENNY

om...

Old September 14th 04, 11:38 PM
culprit

"EmilyS" wrote in message
om...
my 4 year old pit bull boy LOVES to eat grass. Almost obsessessively
so.
Watching him chow down like some weird sheep makes me wonder if it's
not just the taste he's after, but some nutritional component. I
feed him high quality kibble (Innova/Canidae) but perhaps there's
something missing I could supplement?

Manu does the same thing. for him, i think it's a habit, more than anything
else. it doesn't seem to hurt him, so i'm not too worried about it.

-kelly

Dog Eating Grass Atom1 Dog behavior 0 April 3rd 04 10:12 AM
Dangers lurking in the grass diddy Dog health 12 August 20th 03 01:21 AM
Dangers lurking in the grass diddy Dog health 0 August 17th 03 04:16 AM