Range Wars

Old July 17th 03, 03:17 PM
Mud E Poz

Default Range Wars

It is a battle as old as agriculture. Farmer pitted up against pest,
the loser of the war often starving, the winner guaranteed a chance
at making it through the long, cold, winter. It was that way with
the Irish Potato Famine, the Locust plagues, and Peter Rabbit and the
farmer.

I work quietly in a corner of the garden, hoping to be unnoticed. It
is obvious there is a creature helping itself to my little green
tomatoes, as well as early raspberries. I putter, weeding, and
wait. It isn't too long before two long ears and whiskers make their
way into the patch. A soft muzzle reaches up and plucks a little
green tomato from a plant.....

"CHARM!" I yell, very perturbed! "They aren't EVEN RIPE YET! You
are supposed to share! NO NO NO NO NO! BAD DOG!" I aim the hose at
her, she gets up, slowly, dropping the tomato and then bounces over
the stream of water, her favorite game of catch the stream of water
by biting it in full bore. Her daughter comes over to share the
game, and I end up with two very muddy girl dogs, while Tru observes
from his wading pool.

sigh I grab the ex pen from the garage and start to fence out my
garden. Rabbits are not a problem here, the mighty huntress has seen
to that. Obviously though, she feels that her payment should be in
the green stuff....

Mindy and the Muddy Paws Pack

UCDX Ch Tribute's Three X The Charm UDX, VCD3, JH, WD, VS, CGC
CH Muddy Paws Tri The Truth VCD2, AXJ, CGC
Muddy Paws Beautiful Trinket TDX, NA, CGC
Practicing evil on another level: UCDX Strange Quark UDT,OA,NAJ

Old July 17th 03, 03:31 PM
Suja

Mud E Poz wrote:

sigh I grab the ex pen from the garage and start to fence out my
garden. Rabbits are not a problem here, the mighty huntress has seen
to that. Obviously though, she feels that her payment should be in
the green stuff....

Obviously. She isn't doing ALL the work for nothing, you know? Maybe
next year, she can have a garden all to herself?

Suja
Old July 17th 03, 03:56 PM
Paul Mathew Correa

All this time I thought my dog was the only one that liked to play with the
stream of water. He gets so into it too.

Old July 17th 03, 04:10 PM
Mud E Poz

All this time I thought my dog was the only one that liked to play with the
stream of water. He gets so into it too.

Hereditary too They think that is the best toy in the whole world. Charm is
nine, but acts like a silly puppy when I shoot water at her
Old July 17th 03, 06:14 PM
Mud E Poz

Of course, then their muzzles look bloodied. Especially Nik's
as she's white. ;-) Frightening ASTs.

THAT'S the answer! Charm would never want a muzzle that was red and bloodied
looking. She keeps her white muzzle and running gear pristine