Fancy & the Yearly Slumber Party

Old July 10th 04, 04:15 AM
Tee

Default Fancy & the Yearly Slumber Party

Its that time of year again, another birthday slumber party for Amie and
Fancy is up to her old tricks again. I managed to scale things down to 6
little girls this year (all 9yos so you can just imagine the noise level in
the house) and I think next year needs to be scaled down even more lol.
Last year Fancy surprised us all by getting into the girls' sleeping bags.
She's pretty aloof with adults and teenagers at first but give her a child
under the age of 12, especially a toddler, and she lights up. I think she
was raised with a toddler before we got her given how she just gravitates
towards them. Then again it may just be the inherent great-with-kids breed
trait.

Anyway, so far the girls have only been home and playing for 1.5 hours as we
took them to the movies (evidently I'd forgotten what it was like when I did
this last year) but already Fancy has gotten quite a few laughs. The girls
wouldn't sit on the floor when opening presents because the two who tried it
first got Fancy's big tongue & huge head in their faces. Her head is as big
as some of theirs. Every time they'd turn their head away from that tongue
of hers she'd just physically move around so as not to lose contact.

The girls went upstairs and closed the door which had Fancy laying up
against it like one of those draft catcher thingies and pouting. I got Amie
to let her in for a few minutes and she was a very good girl. She walked
around and gave each girl a big kiss on the cheek and then she did the funny
thing. She stood back, scanned the circle of girls, zeroed in on one,
stepped forward then around and sat in the girl's lap. Now this girl
probably weighs all of 60lbs while Fancy weighs 63lbs. The child fell
backwards from Fancy's weight & position so Fancy thought this was an
invitation to lay down too and bathe the kid's face. It was all pretty
comical but what was neatest was the obvious calculation that went into her
decision on which child's lap to grace.

She's now back to pouting at the door because, as Amie said, "Mom, we
*cannot* play Twister with Fancy wanting to sit on us!" Poor dog, life just
isn't very fair sometimes.

--
Tara

Fancy & the Yearly Slumber Party Tee Dog behavior 20 July 12th 04 12:23 PM
Fancy & the Yearly Slumber Party Tee Dog behavior 0 July 10th 04 04:15 AM
Fancy & the Yearly Slumber Party Tee Dog behavior 0 July 10th 04 04:15 AM
Funny Fancy Tara O. Dog behavior 15 October 3rd 03 01:52 PM
Funny Fancy Tara O. Dog behavior 0 October 1st 03 02:58 PM