Introducing Cinder

Old July 14th 04, 03:15 PM

Default Introducing Cinder

[]
The guy who owns Image's mother, Fleo, is getting out of
Siberians and into Alaskans and is selling off a good
portion of his kennel. Opportunities to buy a young adult
with a lot of sled time from lines you like don't come along
all that often, so on Monday I drove up to Quebec to see a
man about a dog.

I had the *best* time. I got to meet Fleo, who's well-known
for throwing large, consistent litters, some other dogs I
know by reputation, and a bunch of Image's half-siblings.
So that I could see the dogs move we took four at a time out
on the trail, off-lead, to run with an ATV. That was about
as much fun as I've had since winter, anyway, and the dogs
were great. I ended up bringing home TWD's Cinder, a
3-year-old who's Image's half-sister. She's fast and
muscular and has a terrific personality (the notorious
Siberian Lap Husky).

She's never been in a house before so things like the
staircase were a challenge, but when I picked up the rest of
the pack this morning she followed them up and down the
stairs and got it figured out. She wasn't sure what to make
of the cats but Moby George got her off on the right foot.
I think dogs take one look at George and think "I'll eat
nearly anything but that really is just too gross." Things
are starting off well with the other dogs, too, but I find
it takes a couple of weeks before a new dog settles in and
issues start to surface. The funniest thing is that she's
drawn to the full-length mirror in my bedroom. She keeps
running over to look in it, and this morning when I let her
out of her crate she made a beeline for the mirror.

Photos at http://www.melindashore.com/cinder/

Since January 2001 the federal budget outlook for 2002-2011
has deteriorated by $8.8 trillion.