Bye Bye Jeanne

Old September 27th 04, 06:30 AM
Leah

Default Bye Bye Jeanne

Not bad this time. I lost power at 4:00 a.m. and got it back at 10:30 p.m. No
limbs in anybody's yard. Way different from the last two. This one actually
seemed to kind of skip over me. (Power of prayer? :} DH told me there were
trees down all over his area.

A lot of other people weren't so lucky. This one took the same path as
Frances, so those in the path were double-barreled.

By the time I got up this morning (about 11:00 a.m.), it was windy and rainy,
but not what I perceive as a "hurricane" (though the news said it was a
category 1). It reminded me of the hurricanes we used to have in MA, when my
dad would stand out on the stoop going "whee!"

I even let the dogs out, once I went out there and checked it out. They were
funny. Every time they ventured off the back porch, which is well sheltered,
they'd turn and look at me with their eyes all squinted. Um, mom, could you
turn this off for a minute so I can poop? MacKenzie was fascinated. She
wanted to stay on the porch, watching it. After Madigan got used to it, she
grabbed her frisbee and dropped it at my feet. Uh, no, Maddie, we can't play
frisbee in a hurricane, honey.

If I didn't have this blasted sinus infection which started today, I would have
almost enjoyed it. I can always tell when I have a sinus infection, because my
teeth hurt.

Canine Action Dog Trainer
http://www.canineaction.com
My Kids, My Students, My Life:
http://hometown.aol.com/dfrntdrums/m...age/index.html

Old September 27th 04, 01:30 PM
Ryan

Glad you made it through okay.

Old September 27th 04, 01:30 PM
Ryan

Glad you made it through okay.

Old September 27th 04, 01:30 PM
Ryan

Glad you made it through okay.

Old September 27th 04, 01:30 PM
Ryan

Glad you made it through okay.

Old September 27th 04, 08:27 PM
Jo Wolf

Was wondering how you came through.

We have the dregs of the storm now, up here on the Savannah River. A
few gusts to maybe 25-25 mph. And rain.... most of the time. Not even
a thunderstaorm so far. I did manage to get the guys out in one break
in showers.... as I have to go out and supervise to be sure everything
gets done if it's raining. You'd never know that these guys are
essentially waterproof.....

There has been a bit of wind damage in Aiken County, SC, adjacent to
us, across the river. From a downblast, microburst, or very small
tornado... about an hour ago.

Jo Wolf
Martinez, Georgia

Old September 27th 04, 09:07 PM
Leah

(Jo Wolf) wrote:
Was wondering how you came through.

It's pretty amazing out there today. Some debris laying around, a collapsed
roof here and there... but other than that, business as usual. Everything is
open, people are at work, you could almost forget that we had a hurricane
yesterday. We're really getting jaded down here. :}