Golden Retrivers for Sale

Old July 7th 03, 05:11 AM
Lawrence & Bobbie

Maybe we
should be selective in human breeding too? Maybe education, maybe laws,
maybe government controlled breeding only?

Actually, those are two REALLY GOOD ideas. Why shouldn't people take
genetic tests before they breed? And government controlled breeding for
people, good idea...maybe we could stop w/the "breeders" and their 12 kids.

Bobbie

Old July 7th 03, 02:55 PM
dianne marie schoenberg

Lawrence & Bobbie wrote:
Why shouldn't people take genetic tests before they breed?

Lots of them do, so your argument doesn't hold water. This is a very
old, tired issue on this newsgroup; see
http://groups.google.com/groups?selm...2.teleport.com

Dianne
Old July 7th 03, 07:38 PM

On 7 Jul 2003 13:55:41 GMT dianne marie schoenberg whittled these words:
Lawrence & Bobbie wrote:
Why shouldn't people take genetic tests before they breed?

Lots of them do, so your argument doesn't hold water. This is a very
old, tired issue on this newsgroup; see
http://groups.google.com/groups?selm...2.teleport.com

Hmmm - Maybe going back and re-reading Lawrence and Bobbie's original
post would help. I think they were arguing FOR people getting genetic
testing. So I'm pretty sure both of you are on the same side.

Diane Blackman

Old July 8th 03, 05:03 PM
Kyler Laird

Why shouldn't people take genetic tests before they breed?

You mean "before they breed offspring _for_sale_", right? Otherwise
it isn't parallel to the situation with dogs.

I could probably be convinced that people breeding children for sale
should be regulated, to include genetic testing.

--kyler