Travel with the dog from Europe to Canada

Old July 20th 03, 05:52 PM
Nemo

Default Travel with the dog from Europe to Canada

Hi All,

I have a 12-year old foxterrier, who never traveled. And now I need to
flight with her from Europe to Canada, which is about 12 hours
overall...
I've heard that the airline companies allow only up to 8 kg dogs into
the cabin and under the seat. My dog's weight is about 11 kg. But I
really don't want to put her with cargo. She's too old and to gentle
for that.

Is there any way to take my dog into the cabin with me?
I thought about possibility to buy additional ticket, or say to buy
first class ticket, but I'm not sure if it does metter...

Thanks in advance
Old July 21st 03, 06:30 AM
Jo Wolf

The airlines can give you the correct answers. I seriously doubt that
they will vary from their policies.... they have gotten to be regular
pills...

I have never heard of an airline permitting a passenger in recent years
to buy a ticket for a seat for a dog.... Securing a crate in a seat is
problematic... for starters. There are seperate rules for assistance
dogs (guide dogs, etc.).

I can understand your concern about flying for 12 hours with a 13 yo dog
in cargo....I would be Most reluctant to do that , too. But the
section where dogs are shipped is heated and pressurized, and should be
fine for a younger adult dog or puppy, except that the brachycephalic
(flat faced/short muzzled) dogs tolerate it less well than dogs with a
more normal head shape because of breathing issues.

Jo Wolf
Martinez, Georgia