Dog for sale

Old July 21st 03, 02:25 PM
martin byung-guk jun

Default Dog for sale

8 months old beagle for $400.
Comes with his house and other stuff.
Please call (217)384-2957 or (217)244-9987 and ask for Martin.

Old July 21st 03, 04:38 PM
Elizabeth DeLeo

"martin byung-guk jun" wrote in message
8 months old beagle for $400.
Comes with his house and other stuff.
Please call (217)384-2957 or (217)244-9987 and ask for Martin.

Martin
You might want to say a little more about the situation to encourage anyone
interested to call or write you.
Why is he "for sale"?
"Comes with his house" usually means he's an outside dog and as we all know
dogs kept outside usually are bored, have built up many bad habits from not
being a member of their family etc.
You might want to say what training he has had.
Bad habits.
If he is fixed or not.
If not, presumably he is then show quality?
If not, why he hasn't been fixed.
Also if he is of quality breeding, why only $400.00
And if he's not top quality, $400 is way more than one would have to pay,
when nice Beagles can be found in rescues and pounds for much less.
Why didn't the breeder take him back.
Responsible breeders always take back dogs they have bred when the owner
cannot keep them.
Much more info needed here. You best bet is to probably place him with a
Beagle rescue near you and hope they can find him a home where he will be an
inside dog and a real member of someone's family.
Lizzie

Old July 21st 03, 06:58 PM
Marcel Beaudoin

Bichon.ca wrote in
:

On Mon, 21 Jul 2003 15:38:04 GMT, "Elizabeth DeLeo"
wrote:

Why didn't the breeder take him back.
Responsible breeders always take back dogs they have bred when the
owner cannot keep them.

Baloney. It is just too easy to say a breeder should do this and that.
Only in a perfect world, a pity we live in a imperfect world.

That is not baloney, it is a fact. Keep in mind that we are not talking
about all breeders. We are talking about responsible breeders. By my
definition, as well as that of a large number of other people's
definitions, a responsible breeder will do exactly that. Maybe your
definition of a responsible breeder is different than ours. That is
perfectly and I can accept that. That does not, however, make Elizabeth's
definition "baloney".

On the rescue option:
Rescue options can be a good or bad thing. They need to be
investigated as much as possible. Why is the pet in rescue? Behavioral
problems. Health issues. The pet was to much responsibility. Owner
life style change. Other issues.

http://Bichon.ca/

Marcel Beaudoin & Moogli

'Of course you realize this means war.'

Old July 21st 03, 07:59 PM
Elizabeth DeLeo

wrote:

"martin byung-guk jun" wrote in message
8 months old beagle for $400.
Comes with his house and other stuff.
Please call (217)384-2957 or (217)244-9987 and ask for Martin.

"Comes with his house" usually means he's an outside dog

Baloney. My parents and our pets have a house outside. The only reason
is for shelter from the sun and weather when outside. The pet sleeps,
eats and plays indoors for the most part.

If he is fixed or not.
If not, presumably he is then show quality?
If not, why he hasn't been fixed.

There are other birth control options if required at all by the owner.
If not show quality the pet must be fixed? Again baloney.

Also if he is of quality breeding, why only $400.00
And if he's not top quality, $400 is way more than one would have to pay,

Proven show quality you will pay more and a breeder you will pay even
more. $400.00 for pet quality is not unreasonable. It is very time
consuming, lots of effort and it is expensive to raise a litter.

Why didn't the breeder take him back.
Responsible breeders always take back dogs they have bred when the owner
cannot keep them.

Baloney. It is just too easy to say a breeder should do this and that.
Only in a perfect world, a pity we live in a imperfect world.

On the rescue option:
Rescue options can be a good or bad thing. They need to be
investigated as much as possible. Why is the pet in rescue? Behavioral
problems. Health issues. The pet was to much responsibility. Owner
life style change. Other issues.

http://Bichon.ca/

Your thoughts on what makes responsible and irresponsible breeders and
owners, must differ quite a lot from my thinking. Of course I have only been
showing and breeding since 1952 so I'm always willing to learn.
However, I hope you will at least admit that this person "appears" to have
little or no contact with the breeder, or even be very knowledgeable since
he actually advertised his dog on a forum such as this and gave little or no
information regarding the dog. Knowledgeable owners always do.
My immediate reaction from that which the OP wrote would be to think that he
purchased the dog from most probably an irresponsible breeder with whom he
did not stay in contact, the dog most probably lives outside - unless by
"house" he meant a crate for inside, travelling, showing, sleeping use, that
the dog is now a burdon and he wishes to recoup his money.
Also most responsible breeders these days are spaying/neutering before
placement of their probably pet quality puppies. The OP didn't say whether
or not this dog is fixed - hence my asking.
Lizzie

Old July 21st 03, 08:39 PM
dianne marie schoenberg

Bichon.ca wrote:
wrote:
"Comes with his house" usually means he's an outside dog

Baloney. My parents and our pets have a house outside. The only reason
is for shelter from the sun and weather when outside.

You have a house for your parents outside? I guess I'm glad
they have some shelter from the weather, but still, it seems
a little rough on them.

If he is fixed or not.
If not, presumably he is then show quality?
If not, why he hasn't been fixed.

There are other birth control options if required at all by the owner.

Yep. And in the case of bitches, they're risky ones. And in the
case of both males and females, alternative birth control methods
lack the health benefits of spaying and neutering.

Why didn't the breeder take him back.
Responsible breeders always take back dogs they have bred when the owner
cannot keep them.

Baloney. It is just too easy to say a breeder should do this and that.
Only in a perfect world, a pity we live in a imperfect world.

Yes, we live in a imperfect world. The fact that there are
irresponsible breeders such as yourself is proof positive of
that.

Dianne

Old July 21st 03, 08:59 PM
AboutCalgary.net

The statement is baloney, it is just to broad and without details.
Take back as in money back guarantee for life? Take back as in board
and feed and advertise if necessary until placed again? Baloney.

We would like to see a breeder (responsible or not) at the very least
help (within their ability) in re placing the pet they bred in to a
new healthy, safe family.
We would gladly help in the process to re place most any pet (within
our ability of course) in to a healthy & safe family. Yes "most any
pet".

Responsible breeders falls in to the perfect world fantasy. No one
can stand up to some peoples and some kennel clubs idea of a
responsible breeder. Not even a so call responsible breeder, unless
they are not human, can stand up to some definitions of a responsible
breeder. It is meant as a guide line, to insist a so called
responsible breeder follow it word for word is just plain fantasy.
Common sense will tell the large majority of people the large majority
of breeders are puppy mills, pet stores and so call back yard breeders
which most fall in to the non responsible breeder category defined by
some people and kennel clubs. Use as a guide line and not word for
word unless the breeder is not human and can be perfect.

Responsible breeders are people that do their best to keep the best
interest of the animals first over all else. Try to conform as close
as possible to the responsible breeders as defined by most
international kennel clubs (within a breeders abilities).
Show animals and pets are not in the same category either, as defined
by most international kennel clubs. It is unfortunate we don't have
that perfect world, but it boils down to costs (money), time,
abilities. Show dogs require much more everything to produce equals
more to purchase. I am rambling, sorry i will stop now.

Thank you for your participation in this thread Marcel and for your
participation in these un moderated forums, we enjoy reading a lot of
your messages.

On 21 Jul 2003 17:58:16 GMT, Marcel Beaudoin wrote:

Bichon.ca wrote in
:

Old July 21st 03, 09:15 PM
Bichon.ca

On Mon, 21 Jul 2003 18:59:23 GMT, "Elizabeth DeLeo"
wrote:

Your thoughts on what makes responsible and irresponsible breeders and
owners, must differ quite a lot from my thinking.

Possibly?

However, I hope you will at least admit that this person "appears" to have
little or no contact with the breeder, or even be very knowledgeable since
he actually advertised his dog on a forum such as this and gave little or no
information regarding the dog.
My immediate reaction from that which the OP wrote would be to think that he
purchased the dog from most probably an irresponsible breeder with whom he
did not stay in contact, the dog most probably lives outside - unless by
"house" he meant a crate for inside, travelling, showing, sleeping use, that
the dog is now a burdon and he wishes to recoup his money.

Possibly? Not enough details to make those type of assumptions

Also most responsible breeders these days are spaying/neutering before
placement of their probably pet quality puppies.

I must disagree Lizze, we found a lot of breeders ask the new family
to neuter/spay but not all. Also there are other methods to birth
control.

Lizzie

Thank you Lizze for your particpation in this thread.

http://Bichon.ca/

Old July 21st 03, 09:40 PM
Bichon.ca

Sorry human error.

Note, AboutCalgary.net is posting from the same IP as Bichon.ca. I am
responding to them assuming that they are, in fact, the same person.