Fairhill Trial (USDAA)

Old October 20th 04, 03:29 AM
Melissa S. Frye

Default Fairhill Trial (USDAA)

Got to meet Melanie and her crew at the Fairhill trial while I wasn't
running around like a crazy person (Dice was scheduled to do 10 runs on Sat.
(Didn't do 2 as the weather got *very* bad, and they were postponed until
the next day). Hopefully I will get to see you at a trial again sometime
soon!
I loved Skeeter of course - I really am a small dog person, sorry, not the
Solo wasn't a beautiful dog and Fly has a very nice peronsality.

Hunter is BC-like obsessed with tennis balls, but I usually don't mention it
as few people would belive a cocker can have that level of intense focus.
I love his toy drive, he's so cute too when he vultures his tennis balls.

Hunter took 5th in Steeplechase, and qualified ugly in Grand Prix, so who
knows maybe we will go to Nationals next year if I can get Dice qualified
all around (since Hunt is now 2 out of 3 for 2005).

I hate outdoor trials though - I get soooo cold with the wet, and it really
takes me longer to recover. And Dice wasn't crazy about the concept of
running in the cold rain...
So just some AKC (including Springfield and trying but unlikely to get into
Cleveland) until the end of the year.

Hunter had a son finish his CH and a daughter win two Field trial Puppy
stakes (walked away with one when she turned a set of what should have been
bad luck into a really great run), so great for the family all around.

--
Melissa S. Frye
Skyrocket cockers www.mfrye.com/skyrocket/

Old October 20th 04, 12:03 PM
Sionnach

"Melissa S. Frye" wrote in message
nk.net...
Got to meet Melanie and her crew at the Fairhill trial while I wasn't
running around like a crazy person (Dice was scheduled to do 10 runs on
Sat. (Didn't do 2 as the weather got *very* bad, and they were postponed

until
the next day).

I was wondering if y'all might not run into each other... I was
contemplating coming up and spectatating a bit on Saturday (had plans to get
together with a friend who lives in Elkton), but what with the weather and
other complications (he had to work) we postponed getting together until
Sun. evening. Turned out to be a good thing, considering what happened on
I-95!
I hope you were *staying* up there... one of my clubmates (Cindy, who has
the Terv named Quasar) tried to get home - she lives down near Annapolis-
and after doing 5 miles in THREE HOURS, managed to get off an exit and find
a motel.

Hunter took 5th in Steeplechase, and qualified ugly in Grand Prix, so who
knows maybe we will go to Nationals next year if I can get Dice qualified
all around (since Hunt is now 2 out of 3 for 2005).

Now, THAT would be cool... and show people what cockers *ought* (at least
IMO G) to be.

I hate outdoor trials though - I get soooo cold with the wet, and it

really
takes me longer to recover.

Yup. I don't mind rainy trials in warmer weather, but at this time of year
they're miserable.

Crossing fingers and praying here that the weather improves for this coming
weekend... JRTCA Nationals in Havre de Grace on Saturday, PAWZAZZ NADAC *&*
the Nat'ls on Sunday.

Hunter had a son finish his CH and a daughter win two Field trial Puppy
stakes (walked away with one when she turned a set of what should have

been
bad luck into a really great run), so great for the family all around.

Congrats! Just out of curiousity, was that the field trial up in NJ?
(Another clubmate - Sue with the Brittanies - was up there.)

Old October 20th 04, 12:20 PM
Melissa S. Frye

"Sionnach" wrote in message

I hope you were *staying* up there... one of my clubmates (Cindy, who

has
the Terv named Quasar) tried to get home - she lives down near Annapolis-
and after doing 5 miles in THREE HOURS, managed to get off an exit and

find
a motel.

I wasn't, but I ended up doing something similiar that night, calling a
friend to check on my dogs at home,,,

Hunter took 5th in Steeplechase, and qualified ugly in Grand Prix, so

who
knows maybe we will go to Nationals next year if I can get Dice

qualified
all around (since Hunt is now 2 out of 3 for 2005).

Now, THAT would be cool... and show people what cockers *ought* (at

least
IMO G) to be.

Well there is ADCH Coup, Rocky who was invited to the IFCS (USDAA) world
team, Cholla out on the west coast etc., Maddie and her sister so it's not
like the breed lacks for representatives at USDAA Nationals. It's mainly
logistics, and if it's worth the flight etc,plus they are having it outside
even if it's arizona...

Yup. I don't mind rainy trials in warmer weather, but at this time of

year
they're miserable.

I have one more outdoor - Iam seriously considering pulling.

Crossing fingers and praying here that the weather improves for this

coming
weekend... JRTCA Nationals in Havre de Grace on Saturday, PAWZAZZ NADAC

*&*
the Nat'ls on Sunday.

It's suppose to. Dauphin is this weekend too, and I have a ton of friends
doing that, and it's horrible if it rains.

Congrats! Just out of curiousity, was that the field trial up in NJ?
(Another clubmate - Sue with the Brittanies - was up there.)

No Michigan. Cockers are a flushing breed and field trials for cockers
consist only of English and American Cockers (the only game in town is AKC).
A Hunter son has been doing well in Gun dog stakes that are open to all
breeds - Same litter, he's going to be fabulous.