Stun Guns and Dogs

Old July 28th 03, 10:06 PM
Perry Noid

Default Stun Guns and Dogs

ArtVandolet wrote:

What effect would a human stun gun have on such an animal or are
they impervious to anything except a .45 in the head, which would
be my next step.

If you're not trying to preserve the dog than shooting it is of course
the method of choice. I've raised a few pitbulls - i never used a stun
gun or mace on one, but the only other thing I found that a pitbull
would feel enough to be deterred without injuring it was a stick about
the size of a handle for a carpender's hammer across the nose. A pretty
good solid rap while acting like you're not afraid of it and not afraid
of hurting it is the combination that seemed to work for me with my
dogs. Course handling a dog you don't know is always more difficult and
unpredictable.
Old July 28th 03, 11:14 PM
erniegalts

On Mon, 28 Jul 2003 21:06:45 GMT, (Perry Noid) wrote:

ArtVandolet wrote:

What effect would a human stun gun have on such an animal or are
they impervious to anything except a .45 in the head, which would
be my next step.

If you're not trying to preserve the dog than shooting it is of course
the method of choice. I've raised a few pitbulls - i never used a stun
gun or mace on one, but the only other thing I found that a pitbull
would feel enough to be deterred without injuring it was a stick about
the size of a handle for a carpender's hammer across the nose. A pretty
good solid rap while acting like you're not afraid of it and not afraid
of hurting it is the combination that seemed to work for me with my
dogs. Course handling a dog you don't know is always more difficult and
unpredictable.

Ah yes, but some people claim that dogs can smell fear, or perhaps
otherwise sense it. Anyone who doesn't own one of the damn things
may well be afraid of it.

If going to have to carry around a stick or a hammer handle, why not a
stun gun delivering a few kilovolts across the nose, a water pistol
loaded with an ammonia solution, an ultrasonic device, etc?

Hopefully, none will do any permanent damage, but why should anyone
but the owner worry that much about "preserving" him. Any dog running
around loose that attacks others without provocation deserves anything
he gets.

Possibly the most important thing is that the animal is microchipped
so that the owner can be traced and prosecuted.

"_Magna est veritas et praevalebit"_
(Truth is mighty and will prevail).

erniegalts
[Australia]
[misc.survivalism]
Old July 29th 03, 02:36 AM
Myal

You could always try it out and see ;-))
Not a good idea to use an electric shock device on a dog with its teeth
implanted in you , you would zap yourself too ( obviously )

A knife or gun would be prefferable , in my view , largely because most
times I been bit the dog was atached real quick . Its too late to zap him
then .

Myal

"ArtVandolet" wrote in message
. 1.4...
(sorry if this is a repeat)
I appreciate all the good replies, but I don't want to do any
killing if I don't have to, so the question remains. Has anyone
used a stun gun on such a dog in such a situation? What was the
result. Or will it just get him more pissed off at you?

on 28 Jul 2003, Lawrence Glickman wrote
in :

On Mon, 28 Jul 2003 13:30:35 -0500, Lawrence Glickman
wrote:

|On Mon, 28 Jul 2003 15:05:43 -0400, leon skunkers wrote:
|
||you aren't fooling ANYBODY, Lars.
||'nuff said.
|
|Not quite enough said.
|
|Are you some kind of dumb****? With a Death Wish?
|Because if you are, you know where I live, and i will be more
|than happy to accommodate your wishes.
|
|Time to put up or shut up dumb ****.
|
|Bring it on, or GET LOST.
|
|Put up, or shut up.
|No in between.
|
|You think you can take me out? You want a piece of me?
|COME AND GET IT
|
|Lg

I CHALLENGE YOU TO A TEXAS CAGE MATCH you phoney ****.

Two men walk in. One walks or crawls out. The other is bagged.

Stinky, you are a waste of skin and a phoney baloney, just like
Don the ****wit. All talk. All BULLSHIT.

you want to see blood, I will show you your -own- blood. As
much as you wish.

Your call.

But again I say, get off that fat ass of yours and put your
money where your mouth is. You think you can take me? Prove
it.

EVERYBODY is waiting.
Your move.

Old July 29th 03, 03:19 AM
David J. Hughes

ArtVandolet wrote:
(sorry if this is a repeat)
I appreciate all the good replies, but I don't want to do any
killing if I don't have to, so the question remains. Has anyone
used a stun gun on such a dog in such a situation? What was the
result. Or will it just get him more pissed off at you?

First-- you have to jab the terminals of the stun gun firmly up
against the dog's hide, not just the fur, before triggering it.

Given that, depending on placement, type of stun gun, size of dog, and
half a dozen other factors, there are several possible results.

Dog drops dead. Not common, but can happen.
Dog goes into convulsions. Possibly killing your dog during the
convulsions, even if it was just playing rough before.
Dog goes unconscious.
Dog is stunned.
Dog yelps, maybe lets go of other dog, maybe backs off or runs off.
Dog turns and attack you.
Dog looks at you, projecting "what the f**k do you want?"
Dog glances your way, with a "was there something that you wanted?" look.

These outcomes pretty much form a standard bell curve, with the
highest probability being stunned or runs off.

Old July 29th 03, 05:15 AM
Katie Schroeder

I used to carry a stun gun with me when I walked my dogs. I found that =
the sound was enough to scare off an attacking dog. I never had to touch =
a dog with it. But now if I set off a stun gun, my pit attacks my other =
dog, not seriously, but enough to cause a ruckus, which also scares off =
most dogs.
My stun gun no longer operates. Now I carry Muzzle it is a dog =
repellant. No dye or mace just pepper spray. I have not had to use it, =
so I don't know how well it would work. =20
"ArtVandolet" wrote in message =
.4...
My little puppy dog was viciously attacked without provokation by
a pitbull mix (big dog, maybe rotweiller?).=20
=20
Anyways, took two of us to get his lock jaws off my dog's neck and
his master wound up with several bloody fingers.=20
=20
I was tempted to mace the dog, but rightly decided that would have
just made it worse, and effected my dog as well.
=20
I talked to a pit bull raiser who said she use to carry around and
iron rod for emergencies which she would used to pry open the
dog's jaws if this happened.=20
=20
Anyways, having heretofore not been prejudiced against pitbulls
and after hearing of a few friends similar attacks, I'm beginning
to wonder how to protect myself from these dogs.=20
=20
What effect would a human stun gun have on such an animal or are
they impervious to anything except a .45 in the head, which would
be my next step.

---
Old August 3rd 03, 10:02 PM
Nehmo Sergheyev

nobody
I would think pepper spray would be hard to use since the other
dog and people are in close proximity and might be effected by the
spray as well.

Nehmo
If you also spray the victim, or even yourself, no real harm is done.
Mace or Pepper Spray doesn't cause permanent damage.

I've never used it on a dog, but if it affects a dog like it does a
person, it'll work.

I'm not joking when I recommend this: Buy a can and have a friend spray
you in the face. You will then understand its effects, including how
easy it is to recover.

--
*******************
* Nehmo Sergheyev *

Old August 4th 03, 04:40 AM
Bob Brock

On Mon, 4 Aug 2003 11:11:09 +1000, "Myal" wrote:

"Nehmo Sergheyev" wrote in message
ink.net...
nobody
I would think pepper spray would be hard to use since the other
dog and people are in close proximity and might be effected by the
spray as well.

Nehmo
If you also spray the victim, or even yourself, no real harm is done.
Mace or Pepper Spray doesn't cause permanent damage.

I've never used it on a dog, but if it affects a dog like it does a
person, it'll work.

I'm not joking when I recommend this: Buy a can and have a friend spray
you in the face. You will then understand its effects, including how
easy it is to recover.

Better to buy a can and spray someone you dont realy want to see again in
the face , to evaluate the reaction .
Purely scientific of course , to do it for fun isnt cricket.
Myal

In our department, we had to be sprayed with 10% pepper foam and they
would videotape it for court use if the department was sued. It's not
fun, but it's survivable.

Other things that you have to consider is that, if the person that
you spray has a pre-existing medical condition such as heart problems
or high blood pressure, spraying them may cause a medical emergency.
They could die from the expereince although the pepper spray would not
be the direct cause of death.

Mace on a dog won't work. They ignore it and keep on comming. OC
will indeed work on a dog. I've been there and done that. I wouldn't
recommend spraying people's pets though. If you spray a dog, the OC
stays in his fur. It doesn't evaporate and go away. If little Timmy,
the three year old toddler, gives the dog a hug, gets OC in his eyes
and has to take a trip to the local hospital to find out what's wrong
with him, it could get pretty messy if they find out that it was your
OC that did it.
Old August 4th 03, 06:21 PM
Offbreed

Myal wrote:

Better to buy a can and spray someone you dont realy want to see again in
the face , to evaluate the reaction .
Purely scientific of course , to do it for fun isnt cricket.
Myal

Some teenagers I know spray each other, goofing off. Others use Tasers
and cattle prods on each other. They learn how to deal with the problem.

The pit bull crowd know the sort of rowdies I'm talking about.

Old August 4th 03, 10:16 PM
Robin

"Offbreed" wrote in message
Myal wrote:

The pit bull crowd know the sort of rowdies I'm talking about.

Why would people who own pit bulls be any more likely to know rowdy people
than anybody else?

Robin

Old August 6th 03, 04:58 PM
JULIO CHAVEZ

I dont know bout a stun gun or a knife but what i did was, first
let me tell you my story. I was playing basketball and some guy
(dumbass) thought it would be kool if tried to scare me with his rott ,
and that hoe was big and swollen but what i did when the damn thing
jumped at me was i i upper punch it in the chen and it jumped right
back. I don't really know if dogs can smell fear but that dogs look at
me in one of does( what the **** just happened) looks. But what i say if
a man is stupid enough to put it out there then he is stupid enough to
get that dogs hurt and its his own fault. I say if you have to put it
down i own three pitts myself and if they ever attacked me they know
there gone.

IF ANYONE LIVES IN THE DALLAS AREA I ALSO BREED PITTS OF ALL KINDS, IF
YOUR INTERESTED EMAIL ME

your boy from da grove