Dog bite treatment?

Old August 9th 03, 05:48 AM
Joao de Souza

Default Dog bite treatment?

My girlfriend just got bitten by our building supper's little dog. The
dog is usually quite friendly, but tonight it just went bezerk when she
tried to pet him, and left two punctures on her leg. So now I'm
concerned about what we should do. We've cleaned the wounds,
disinfected with alcohol and iodine, put some triple-antibiotic
ointment, and covered it. The dog's rabies shots are up to date, and so
are my GF's tetanus shots. Most of the stuff I've found online is a
little contradictory. Some say she must get antibiotic treatment right
away, while others mention that only a small number of bites cause
infections, so one should wait and see how the would is healing before
doing anything more drastic.

So what do you folks think? Also, what should we do in case she does
need treatment in order to get either the super or the building to pay
for it? We don't want to sue them or anything drastic, but don't want
to be stuck with the medical bills either.

Cheers.

Old August 12th 03, 06:18 AM
Nehmo Sergheyev

Joao de Souza
My girlfriend just got bitten by our building supper's little dog.

The
dog is usually quite friendly, but tonight it just went bezerk when

she
tried to pet him, and left two punctures on her leg. So now I'm
concerned about what we should do.

Nehmo
In general I would take the dog's side. But you say she did noting to
provoke.

Joao
We've cleaned the wounds,
disinfected with alcohol and iodine, put some triple-antibiotic
ointment, and covered it. The dog's rabies shots are up to date, and

so
are my GF's tetanus shots. Most of the stuff I've found online is a
little contradictory. Some say she must get antibiotic treatment

right
away, while others mention that only a small number of bites cause
infections, so one should wait and see how the would is healing before
doing anything more drastic.

So what do you folks think? Also, what should we do in case she does
need treatment in order to get either the super or the building to pay
for it? We don't want to sue them or anything drastic, but don't want
to be stuck with the medical bills either.

Nehmo
You don't need to do anything else.

It's one thing if a dog mauls your face off, but a couple of punctures
is just part of life.

--
* Nehmo Sergheyev *

Arthritis in my lab Bob Dog health 8 March 5th 04 03:38 AM
The Therapy Patent Corporation is providing information about a new patent pending, untested, experimental therapy for treatment of leukemia, cancer, aids, poison, snake bite, drug overdose, aged persons, transfusion of large volumes of blood and all TherapyPatent Dog health 0 August 15th 03 11:02 PM
The Therapy Patent Corporation is providing information about a new patent pending, untested, experimental therapy for treatment of leukemia, cancer, aids, poison, snake bite, drug overdose, aged persons, transfusion of large volumes of blood and all TherapyPatent Dog health 0 August 15th 03 11:02 PM
The Therapy Patent Corporation is providing information about a new patent pending, untested, experimental therapy for treatment of leukemia, cancer, aids, poison, snake bite, drug overdose, aged persons, transfusion of large volumes of blood and all TherapyPatent Dog health 0 August 7th 03 03:08 PM