a matter of perspective

Old October 23rd 04, 01:08 AM
culprit

Default a matter of perspective

the folks up the hill from us recently got alpacas. we can just see them
through the trees if they're in the bottom part of their property.
when they wander down that way, the dogs go nuts. well, Manu goes nuts, and
Lola just looks vaguely alert. Manu runs from room to room, barking out the
windows, then just whining and shaking and staring when we ask him to stop
barking. seeing how interested the dogs were in these furry beasties, i
decided to walk them up the hill one day, while the alpacas were in viewing
range.
it's weird how the dogs are suddenly quite intimidated when they see just
how big the alpacas are in real life. they just kind of stood there,
staring, not wanting to get too close, looking back at me to see how i was
reacting. the alpacas, however, came running to the fence to see us,
sticking their heads over the fence, sniffing with all their might. Lola
slowly backed behind my legs. i think Manu was just confused. where did
those little furry brown things go? i think he was hoping for something
bite sized.

-kelly

Old October 23rd 04, 01:23 AM
Suja

culprit wrote:

it's weird how the dogs are suddenly quite intimidated when they see just
how big the alpacas are in real life. they just kind of stood there,
staring, not wanting to get too close, looking back at me to see how i was
reacting.

Lucky you have sensible dogs. One of our rescue reunions was held at a
farm kind of place way out in the country. On the way from the parking
spot to the gathering, we had to pass a pen with a pony and a gigantic
bull in them. Khan completely ignored the pony, opting to go for the
bull instead. The bull for his part was totally not impressed, and gave
him the 'Try Me' look.

Khan must've been thinking that he scored the jackpot. He kills that
big beast, he will have all the food he wants for a year.

Suja

Old October 23rd 04, 01:24 AM
culprit

"Suja" wrote in message

Lucky you have sensible dogs. One of our rescue reunions was held at a
farm kind of place way out in the country. On the way from the parking
spot to the gathering, we had to pass a pen with a pony and a gigantic
bull in them. Khan completely ignored the pony, opting to go for the bull
instead. The bull for his part was totally not impressed, and gave him
the 'Try Me' look.

Khan must've been thinking that he scored the jackpot. He kills that big
beast, he will have all the food he wants for a year.

well bulls are different. they have those big, yummy, meaty noses. Khan
must be part pit bull. and part wolf, of course. ;-)

-kelly

Old October 23rd 04, 01:41 AM
Suja

culprit wrote:

well bulls are different. they have those big, yummy, meaty noses.

Among other things.

Khan
must be part pit bull.

But he doesn't eat babies. Does that DQ him?

and part wolf, of course. ;-)

Of course. And Pan's part cow/pony depending on who you ask.

Suja

Old October 23rd 04, 01:45 AM
culprit

"Suja" wrote in message

Khan must be part pit bull.

But he doesn't eat babies. Does that DQ him?

maybe he got the non-baby-eating gene from the wolf half?

-kelly

Old October 25th 04, 06:37 AM
Child

"culprit" wrote in message
[...]

alpacas are tough buggers who are happy to kick dog butt. smart dogs.

A matter of timing Marie Dog behavior 26 July 5th 04 12:34 PM
A matter of timing Marie Dog behavior 0 July 1st 04 04:55 AM
A matter of timing Marie Dog behavior 0 July 1st 04 04:55 AM
A matter of timing Marie Dog behavior 0 July 1st 04 04:55 AM
When a dog bites (the dog murderer Lynn Kill gives the STATE'S perspective) sighthounds etc. Dog rescue 2 October 24th 03 09:38 PM