Dog Show Friendly Motels

Old July 31st 03, 02:58 PM
awoo

Default Dog Show Friendly Motels

Please make sure you verify that the individual hotle/motel that you
stay at allows a dog or multiple dogs. I had an unpleasant experience
at Jessup, Maryland, Red Roof Inn while attending the West Friendship,
Md. show cluster. Most show folks stay at Red Roof Inns. I spend about
$7000.00 a year at Red Roof Inn when I show.

I have never read the introduction at the front of the Red Roof
Directory Guide. It states that only one pet under 80 pounds is
allowed per room. This may differ depending on the motel. I have
stayed with my two Standard Schnauzers at every Red Roof Inn with no
complaints from management. My beef is that the policy is inconsistent
from RR to RR. Also note that in some states it is illegal to leave
your animal in the car unattended. That certainly puts us in a pickle
in the state of Maryland.

The manager accused us of cheating and being dishonest (those are her
words) when we pleaded ignorance. The only alternative was to rent
another room to stay with the "one pet, one room policy". Well, we
high-tailed it out of there and moved over to the MicroTel. Microtel
required a pet deposit but the dogs love the window seats!!!!

So be careful and avoid an unpleasant confrontation.
Old August 1st 03, 01:43 AM
LUKADUKA

WOW - like you I stay at Red Roof all over whenever possible & never had a
problem. I guess living in the midwest we are lucky not have found one of
those. Thanks for the info though. Caryl