Is this anti-social?

Old August 19th 03, 01:46 AM
Michael

Default Is this anti-social?

I must point out that I live in Ireland but lived in England until four
years ago.

I mention this because it might be a cultural problem I am dealing with.

Anyway a neighbor has complained (in a friendly manner) that my dog
sometimes urinates against his recently painted wall...which happens to
face a public highway. Now I accept I may be totally wrong in thinking
this is a "get a life" matter, but I would be interested in getting
other peoples views. What puzzles me is that this guy can be upset by
this but not bat an eyelid that his 3 & 5 year old's are exposed to
danger by cars passing his house at 50 mph in a 30 zone.

Michael

Old August 19th 03, 02:52 AM
crosem

you are discussing two separate issues:
1. dog
2. his kids

On the dog issue, I cannot see how one can defend one's dog when he wee wees
on another's painted wall. He will damage it, bring smell, etc. The dog
must cease and desist, unless his owner wishes to take on the job of
painting and re-painting the wall at his own expense.

On the children issue, there is no harm in making the observation you have
made here directly to him...or to the child welfare officials if you feel
more comfortable doing that. One does hate to find oneself in the "if only
I had said something" category following a tragedy...