Rescue Group just started

Old August 30th 03, 07:29 PM
fridge

Default Rescue Group just started

I'm trying to kick start a Rescue Group I hope you may want to help.

The aim is to bring together all the kind people that have rescued dogs from
the pounds or even (gulp) death row. We aim to talk about our dogs give tips
and tricks even help other dogs find good homes.
Encouraged is good ownership and well being of our loved dogs.

http://groups.msn.com/Therescuekennell

Old August 31st 03, 10:36 PM
Pat

Think it just a news group started by someone.;
Advertising all the dog rescue

"Jake Wade" wrote in message
. ..
What part of the world are you in ???

regards
Jake

gui.server.ntli.net...

Old September 1st 03, 09:00 PM
Vinnie

Err No?

The Rescue Kennel.
"Pat" wrote in message
Think it just a news group started by someone.;
Advertising all the dog rescue

. ..

Old September 1st 03, 10:52 PM
Pat

????????

"Vinnie" wrote in message

Err No?

The Rescue Kennel.
"Pat" wrote in message
Think it just a news group started by someone.;
Advertising all the dog rescue

"Jake Wade" wrote in message
. ..
What part of the world are you in ???

regards
Jake

fridge wrote in message

news:[email protected]
gui.server.ntli.net...

Old September 1st 03, 11:35 PM
carpist

We got a dog from the rescue on Saturday that had been tied up all
winter with not very much to eat. Her name is MS Magoo and has the frame
of a Lab but only weighs 20 pounds!! She has been eating three times a
day but walks around in circles in the yard and the house wandering from
room to room with seemingly no purpose. She is slow to react to much of
anything. Her posture is with head held low to the ground like a hunting
dog on a trail but she is like that all the time. We were wondering if
the severe starvation could have scrambled her brain. Is there a point
of no return in a starving animal? The rescue that had her had been
feeding her for 5 weeks . Should she have gained a lot of weight in that
time ? We will continue to care for her no matter what, it just seems
odd that she does not react to the other dogs or the cats or even when
we call her or talk to her.

Old September 2nd 03, 06:25 AM
montana

In article ,
"crosem" wrote:

be patient...she is not going to overcome her previous horrors in a jiffy.
if she is eating with gusto, that would seem to me to be a good sign. I
would try to smother her w/ love, mostly verbal, if she does not like to be
touched too much...I think she might perk up with a longer history of food
and affection...

We have a dog who has always had a lot of issues and she really loves it
when we talk or sing softly in her presence, using her name.
Old September 2nd 03, 05:35 PM

I found my special gravy preparations did very good at keeping my
doggy fatter. Have yo uconsidered making your doggy some gravy i can
give you the recipes (but not the talent!!! ha ha!!!!)

---
The secret george lucas doesn't want you to know!!!!!!!!!!!
http://www.geocities.com/stayawayfro...e/starwars.htm
Old September 3rd 03, 02:27 PM
Tuuk

Increase the carbohydrates in her diet. More carbs will help to build body.
Also, crush a children's vitamin into her bowl once a week, mix it up with
an egg and this will add value to her body. Of course with old strange
abused dogs,, be very careful, they could have a hidden agenda and turn on
you or a baby unexpectedly. Be careful with it, watch for signs of unusual
behavior and sometimes dogs are just not recoverable from certain
situations.

" wrote
in message om...

Old September 3rd 03, 11:09 PM
JustMel

raw eggs may contain e coli , and children's vitamins will give a dog
diarrhea, you better go back and do a bit more learning ,Tuuk
What I would suggest is bulking up with yogurt, cottage cheese, mashed
potatoes, a high quality adult dog food with a higher fat content. such as
Nutro or Royal Canin.a good dog food usually has enough vitamins, but
there are available for dogs in most pet stores or from your Vet.

" Tuuk" wrote in message
Increase the carbohydrates in her diet. More carbs will help to build

body.
Also, crush a children's vitamin into her bowl once a week, mix it up with
an egg and this will add value to her body. Of course with old strange
abused dogs,, be very careful, they could have a hidden agenda and turn on
you or a baby unexpectedly. Be careful with it, watch for signs of unusual
behavior and sometimes dogs are just not recoverable from certain
situations.

"

wrote
in message om...

Old September 4th 03, 08:11 AM
Vinnie

Opps sorry about the name change from fridge to vinnie.
Jake I'm in the UK.
Pat if you look its not a newsgroup.

Vinnie.

The Rescue Kennel.
http://groups.msn.com/Therescuekennell
. ..

Group Discount Allan George Dog health 2 September 13th 03 05:39 AM
Labs available through Golden Gate Lab Rescue, Inc. JMR Dog rescue 0 August 29th 03 10:10 PM
Labs available through Golden Gate Lab Rescue, Inc. JMR Dog rescue 0 August 29th 03 10:10 PM
Labs available through Golden Gate Lab Rescue, Inc. JMR Dog rescue 0 August 29th 03 10:10 PM
Dental work prices for rescue dog? crosem Dog health 3 August 24th 03 02:38 AM