Fully washable dog bed?

Old September 2nd 03, 04:25 PM
Dave K.

Default Fully washable dog bed?

Help! We're looking for a dog bed that is fully washable -- not just the
outside cover, but the inside cushioning as well. Due to family allergies,
we want something that's quick and easy to throw in the wash machine once a
week. Do any pet stores, like PetSmart, or discount stores like Walmart or
Target sell any such thing? We've only seen the kind that has a washable
cover, but then the inside is often an unwashable mix of cedar chips and/or
foam. Any help/advice would be appreciated.

--
NOTE: Please delete the word "REMOVE" from my e-mail address when replying.
This is a spam guard.

Old September 2nd 03, 05:26 PM

On Tue, 2 Sep 2003 10:25:40 -0500 Dave K. whittled these words:
Help! We're looking for a dog bed that is fully washable -- not just the
outside cover, but the inside cushioning as well. Due to family allergies,
we want something that's quick and easy to throw in the wash machine once a
week. Do any pet stores, like PetSmart, or discount stores like Walmart or
Target sell any such thing? We've only seen the kind that has a washable
cover, but then the inside is often an unwashable mix of cedar chips and/or
foam. Any help/advice would be appreciated.

http://www.petsmart.com/products/product_35187.shtml
It does best in a front loader machine, especially if you wash
frequently.

http://www.softpetbeds.com/

http://www.woodruffforpets.com/basic.html

You might also consider just substituting old blankets, folded up, for
the foam cushioning.

Diane Blackman

Old September 3rd 03, 06:54 AM
Donna

We use an old duvet double over for ours.

Donna

Old September 3rd 03, 02:18 PM
Tuuk

Ya, stay out of the retail stores, get some old blankets and use them. Keep
washing them and you will be fine. Dogs do not care if the kennel blanket is
endorsed by Petsmart's mascot. Just get an old sleeping bag or what ever and
you will be fine.

good luck

Old September 9th 03, 01:03 AM
Jfrick

I make or buy dog beds with a cover that comes off. I cover the inside cushion
or foam pad of the bed with a lawn trash bag which keeps the inside clean, dry,
and kitty-accident free. When the cover needs washing, I can take it off. The
inside never needs washing - just change the trash bag when needed. Hope this
helps.

Nita