Dog Pees in Food Dish

Old September 12th 03, 07:57 PM
Suzie-Q

Default Dog Pees in Food Dish

I have taken in a stray basset-dachshund mix, male, not yet
neutered. The vet says he's probably about a year old --
definitely between one and three.

I've been trying to housebreak him and, although he's a slow
learner, he seems to be getting it. However, he continues to
pee in his food dish when he's done eating! I'm pretty sure
this is "marking" and not just peeing. Of course, from now on
I will pick up his food dish as soon as soon as he's finished
eating.

I'm just wondering if this is very common or very odd
behaviour. (All my other dogs are spayed females.)

TIA,

8^)~~~ Sue (remove the x to e-mail)
~~~~~~

http://www.suzanne-eckhardt.com/
http://www.intergnat.com/malebashing/
Old September 17th 03, 04:42 AM
RDM

I had a rescue that used to pee in the food dish of my most dominant house
dog, and my youngest dog used to pee in his sleeping areas. I don't know if
it's common, but it happens.