Breed Quiz

Old October 27th 04, 09:13 PM
Gwen Watson

Suja wrote:

Okay, so this one probably belongs on the rpd.breeds, but I thought
y'all might enjoy it.

I would say anatolian shepherd but the friendly with all
wouldn't apply to that breed in most cases. The size
the coloration sure fits the bill.

I guess I have to wait until tomorrow to hear what he was?

Gwen

Old October 27th 04, 09:14 PM
Suja

Default Breed Quiz

Okay, so this one probably belongs on the rpd.breeds, but I thought
y'all might enjoy it.

Went to the vet today to pick up something really quickly, and found one
huge, hairy beast all sprawled out on the floor. After I was done, I
asked the owner if I could pet him, and she gave me permission. I got a
very nice kiss on my nose in return.

Looking at him, he seemed a bit like a Saint, but the wrong color, and
with tight flews. His coat was long, dark tan, a little red and black,
with lots of black. Had a black mask too. His owner said that the coat
on the breed is generally not that black, and that the black tips on his
coat are just really prominent.

Turns out, he's 11 1/2 years old, and absolutely wonderful with all
living critters. He gave me a couple more kisses right before I left,
and gave me that 'Hey, where are you going? Pet me some more.' look.

My last bad breed misidentification: I identified some dogs as Irish
Wolfhounds. Turns out, they were Scottish Deerhound.

Suja
Old October 27th 04, 09:18 PM
J1Boss

sounds like a Leonberger

Janet Boss
http://bestfriendsdogobedience.com/
http://photos.yahoo.com/bestfriendsobedience

Old October 27th 04, 09:18 PM
J1Boss

Old October 27th 04, 09:21 PM

On Wed, 27 Oct 2004 16:14:17 -0400 Suja whittled these words:

[...]

Sounds like a Leonberger

--
Diane Blackman
http://dog-play.com/

Old October 27th 04, 09:56 PM
J1Boss

Yeppers. Though frankly it is one breed I have really
rarely, rarely heard of. I have heard of it mentioned
but never have seen one to behold.

Gwen

I REALLY like them. I have known a few and when we were in Italy this summer,
we had a pair in a yard adjacent to our parking area. They would greet us with
play bows every time we arrived - very charming.