Idiots from waaaay back

Old November 12th 03, 11:47 PM
Michelle, LVT

Default Idiots from waaaay back

Long time no see, everyone! I've been fine... working hard and
steady, and I've missed my time on the ng's, but as with anything,
some things must be sacrificed for the greater good.

Anyway, I received this message today from someone who, years ago,
presented himself as quite ignorant of certain facts, and who, as
evidenced by his writing below, still lacks the basic fundamentals of
intelligence. Now, keep in mind that this ... ahem... "person"... is
citing a passage written, not one, not two, but SIX years ago! Not
only has he ignored the content of that original passage, in regard to
generalization vs specificity, he also still seems unable to grasp the
most important facts, and instead focuses on the secondary statements.

Ah well, I'll let you be the judge. I have no idea whether this
individual is still frequenting the ng's, or if things have gotten
better since I left years ago. Either way, this inconceivable message
just had to see me coming back to post this.

Michelle, LVT (the good one)---- see below for responses:

To: XXXXXXXXXXXXXXX
Subject: Your post from years ago .
Date: Wed, 12 Nov 2003 22:32:38 +0000
From: Ron

Hello Michelle,

Original Format
Newsgroups: rec.pets.dogs.behavior, rec.pets.dogs.health,
rec.pets.dogs.rescue,
rec.pets
Date: 1997/08/29

All animal species will have the few individuals that defy the average.
The next Dane you own may only wind up living 5 years.

Actually 14 years Michelle he died three months ago and took back with
him everything he came into this world with ! .

***Wonderful! Congratulations! Wunderbar! However, you failed to
see the point that I was not implying that your current dane would not
survive a long life... I simply pointed out that all breeds/species
will have a few individuals that defy the average. Try and actually
"read" the words next time.

Something you fail to realize, Chewy, (like you did last year), is

that
America is dealing with a CURRENT population problem, not a resolved

one.
And I am still saying that subjecting any animal to totally
unnecessary
surgery for no other reason other than to make life easier for their
owners is nothing but barbaric . When I see humans carting their
offspring off to the nearest hospital and having their reproductive
organs
ripped out JUST IN CASE then I may change my opinions but NOT UNTIL .

***Then you still haven't learned *anything*, and obviously prefer to
remain ignorant of the benefits to health for animals that undergo
that surgery. Remain ignorant... it's obviously your choice.

--
Regards,
Ron .

Michelle, LVT (the good one)