Edward needs a home

Old October 28th 04, 01:40 AM
culprit

Default Edward needs a home

also posted to .rescue and .breeds, trying to reach a wider audience.

A friend of mine shows and occasionally breeds Shar Pei. Being a
responsible breeder, she's trying to rehome one of her pups, now that the
owners no longer have time to care for him. Rather than dumping him in a
shelter, rescue, or foster care, she's trying to find the right home via
friends and their contacts.

I'm hoping that someone here has room in their heart and home for this
wonderful dog. I dearly wish to keep him myself, but the SO has mandated
that two dogs are enough.

Edward will be 2 years old on December 4. He's an indoor dog, knows basic
commands (sit, down, shake off water after a bath), and rings a bell by the
door when he needs to go outside. He's very trainable and willing to
please. He has a low to moderate energy level, he likes to take a walk then
lay on the couch and take a nap. He's excellent with children, including
infants, and is protective of them (he'll investigate if they make a loud
noise, to make sure they're ok). He loves playing with other dogs, and has
shown no aggression to them. He does get a little excited when playing and
needs some time to calm down.

He has a scary sounding bark if someone comes to the door, but will accept
people into the house happily if they're let in by a family member. He
doesn't jump up, and is crate trained, though he is not destructive and can
be left alone in the house with no problems.

His mother was one of the top Shar Pei in the country for five years
running, and though Edward is a bit too lanky to put up well in the ring, he
is from fantastic lines, bred for conformation, health, and personality. He
is not neutered, but that can be done before adoption if requested.

Please let me know if you or someone you know is interested in Edward. I'd
hate to see a dog this wonderful wind up homeless.

http://groups.msn.com/culprit/edward.msnw

-kelly

Old October 28th 04, 03:44 PM
ceb

"culprit" wrote in news:2uatgbF26jmb6U1@uni-
berlin.de:

http://groups.msn.com/culprit/edward.msnw

What a gorgeous wrinkly fellow!

I'm sorry I can't help, but it seems like there must be folks who would
jump at the chance... good luck!

--Catherine
& Zoe the cockerchow

Old October 28th 04, 04:05 PM
Tee

You might want to ask the breeder if she's considered trying to list him
through rescue and promising a donation to the rescue. I've helped breeders
in two ways before. One way was by referal listing on the rescue's website,
giving the breeder's information. The other was in actually listing the dog
as in rescue, doing the adoption, keeping the fee & also providing adopters
with breeder's information. The latter isn't something alot of people will
do unless they know & trust the breeder like they do a foster volunteer or
they have the dog in their physical custody. Referal listings are pretty
common but normally you'll only see shelter listings.

--
Tara

Old October 28th 04, 10:59 PM
culprit

"Tee" wrote in message
You might want to ask the breeder if she's considered trying to list him
through rescue and promising a donation to the rescue. I've helped
breeders in two ways before. One way was by referal listing on the
rescue's website, giving the breeder's information. The other was in
actually listing the dog as in rescue, doing the adoption, keeping the fee
& also providing adopters with breeder's information. The latter isn't
something alot of people will do unless they know & trust the breeder like
they do a foster volunteer or they have the dog in their physical custody.
Referal listings are pretty common but normally you'll only see shelter
listings.

cool, thanks for the tip, i'll pass it on.

-kelly