Lonely dog

Old August 18th 04, 06:12 AM

Default Lonely dog

Looking for suggestions

I have a great little beagle he is very behaved for the most part nothing
serious in his behavior to get upset with.
I have just moved to a new house where of course nearly everything is
different.
The problem is that he is extremely attached to me and gets separation
anxiety and will whine moan and bark when I leave him. when I first got him
from the local SPCA he bonded to me immediately and at the time I was able
to keep him with me all the time due to a job change I could not bring him
to work with me so he spent a fair amount out side "alone" but he adjusted
to it. (Only after several sets of blinds a 4x4 foot section of carpet by
my back door were chewed and spit up : )

At my old place he had 4 cats to keep him company and he had access to a
high deck to watch cars people go by. Now there are no cats and not a
whole lot to watch. He has lots of different toys and I rotate them on a
regular basis. He spends all day outside and have a big fluffy bed that is
covered and shaded from the elements. HE will not use a dog house due to
his previous owners.

If there anything I can go to help him adjust to the new environment and
keep him entertained while I am away at work??

Lonely dog Dog behavior 22 August 19th 04 09:27 AM
Lonely dog Dog behavior 0 August 18th 04 06:12 AM
Lonely dog Dog behavior 0 August 18th 04 06:12 AM
Lonely dog Dog behavior 0 August 18th 04 06:12 AM