dog eats everything please help!!!!!!!

Old October 28th 03, 04:33 PM
Annemarie Jansen

Default dog eats everything please help!!!!!!!

I have my dog 5 years now. All this time it has been a completely normal,
quiet dog. Last week she went nuts. She started to eat everything. Pieces of
paper, chalk, paperclips, her own hear etc. She also tried to vomit and she
had trouble breathing. After 45 min everything went back to normal but not
before she grazed like a cow outside. We thought she might try everything to
vomit. The next day we found all our flowers over the floor she had spent
the night eating flowers incl. thorns and everything. I went to the vet to
get her something to help her to vomit. He told me that that could not be
the problem as she still also ate her normal food. He had never heard
anything like it and thought it to be a kind of Alzheimer or something. He
suggested giving it some time. The next day she finally vomits and
everything seemed back to normal. Also the following day she vomits once.
For 3 days it looked all right. Up till Sunday, then she got another attack.
This time at home. She tried to eat the chalk from the walls, the carpet,
her own hair and so on. All this time she had trouble breathing and moved
her tongue like a snake. Very fast in and out. She walked impatiently and
there was no way to stop her. As it was Sunday we could not take her
somewhere. After an hour and a half she was quiet again. Then two normal
days and now she has an other attack. Once again this dog showed completely
normal behaviour for the last five years and this started all of the sudden.
My vet does not know what to do and of course I don't either. IS THERE
SOMEBODY WHO KNOWS WHAT TO DO, AS THIS IS NOT GOING OK. I AM VERY CONCERNED.
PLEASE HELP

Old November 13th 03, 05:43 PM
Chris

Why don't you check out the www.petmedicinechest.com there are a couple
girls there, that would probably be able to help you out. My dog was eating
other feces, I could have used him for a lawn mower and I didn't know what
to do, Now, he doesn't do any of that, I give him the nutritional things he
needs, they are really great. Stan