Stuffed Kong

Old November 2nd 04, 11:31 AM
Lynda

Default Stuffed Kong

Hi everyone,

I keep hearing about the joys of a stuffed Kong to keep dogs happy and
amused but am not sure what exactly can go in there, why it is
sometimes recommended that you freeze it first?

Any advice would be gratefuly received by Jake, my 10 month old Border
Collie, and I.

Cheers,

Lynda
Old November 2nd 04, 12:21 PM
Diana

"Lynda" wrote in message
Hi everyone,

I keep hearing about the joys of a stuffed Kong to keep dogs happy and
amused but am not sure what exactly can go in there, why it is
sometimes recommended that you freeze it first?

When frozen, it lasts longer

I put just about anything in ours, peanut butter always being quick and
easy but bits left over from our dinner, mashed potato, bits of meat, normal
kibble soaked in gravy / meat juice... what ever your dog likes and you have
to hand that'll go in

here's a few recipe pages:

http://www.takingthelead.co.uk/2/Hea...g_stuffing.htm
http://www.companyofanimals.co.uk/kongrecipe.php

good luck and have fun

Diana

--
Cindy's web site
http://cindy-incidentally.mysite.wanadoo-members.co.uk

Old November 2nd 04, 12:51 PM
Lynda

Thanks Diana. I was a bit slow with the frozen idea

One more question - do you rely on your dog licking the food out - I
mean, it doesn't go off or anything? Sorry these are such simple
questions but.....

Will check out the web pages - just off into town to buy a Kong now!!

Lynda

On Tue, 2 Nov 2004 11:21:17 -0000, "Diana"
wrote:

.. .

Old November 2nd 04, 01:16 PM
Diana

"Lynda" wrote in message
Thanks Diana. I was a bit slow with the frozen idea

One more question - do you rely on your dog licking the food out - I
mean, it doesn't go off or anything? Sorry these are such simple
questions but.....

Will check out the web pages - just off into town to buy a Kong now!!

Lynda

Nah, you wash them afterwards, though she gets most of it out - they're
dishwasher safe but in our household 'I'm' the dishwasher, so I use a bottle
brush, detergent and hot water

Diana

Old November 2nd 04, 04:38 PM
nana2b

My Cassie (a DobieSpringer mix) loved her Kong. She carried it all the
time, like a pacifier. It was such a cute sight. When she dropped it and
it sunk to the bottom of the pool, she would come to me and whine to show
me. Her tiny tail wagged so hard when I got it for her. I miss her. She
passed away in May at 12 years old.

Nana

Old November 2nd 04, 04:48 PM
Cate

Lynda wrote in
:

Any advice would be gratefuly received by Jake, my 10 month old Border
Collie, and I.

Our kong routine involves either a half slice of American cheese melted in
the microwave (just pop the whole kong in there for about 10 seconds),
swirled around and frozen, or peanut butter with chunks of carrots.

Orson curls up with his empty kong on the sofa, and often carries it
outside on bathroom breaks.

Cate